2/25/11 Heavy Dime - Brian Boru setlist

Started by Walker done done, February 28, 2011, 02:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walker done done

Heya folks,

So we were scheduled to play at one of our normal stomping grounds, Buck's Naked BBQ, on Friday, but due to a big storm up here in Maine they called to cancel in the early afternoon.  Well with so many new songs in the works and a bunch of people - weather be damned - already planning on coming out to see us, we REALLY were looking forward to playing, so I hustled and got us into Brian Boru, a popular local hang out in the Old Port here in Portland and a hot spot for good music.  We were stoked to get the opportunity and had a little bit of luck play a part: The Forgettables (members of the Ryan Montbleu and Jason Spooner bands) were unable to make their gig at Boru that night also due to the weather, so they took the bait and booked us sight unseen.  Well, we didn't disappoint and look forward to playing here again soon. =)

2/25/11 Brian Boru - Portland, ME

Set I:

Feeling Alright Teaser – Joe Cocker
Fire On The Mountain – Marshall Tucker Band
Right Down The Line – Gerry Rafferty
Drifting – Trey Anastasio
Bron Y'aur Stomp – Led Zeppelin
Paint It Black – Rolling Stones
Bathtub Gin - Phish
Far Behind – Eddie Vedder
The Old Home Place – The Dillards/Phish
Folsom Prison Blues – Johnny Cash
Fat Man In The Bathtub – Little Feat
Baker Street – Gerry Rafferty
Ride Captain Ride – Blues Image
Money For Nothing – Dire Straits

Set II:

November Rain – Guns 'n Roses
Wagon Wheel – Bob Dylan
Down By The Seaside > - Led Zeppelin
Exodus – Bob Marley
Maneater – Hall & Oates
Down Under > – Men At Work
Crosseyed & Painless – Talking Heads
*How Come – Ray Lamontagne
A Little Less Conversation – Elvis Presley
Crimes Of The Mind > - Phish
Have A Cigar – Pink Floyd
Just Like Heaven – The Cure
Suffragette City – David Bowie
Tiny Dancer – Elton John
Hash Pipe - Weezer
Your Love – The Outfield
What I Got - Sublime
Billie Jean – Michael Jackson
Chalk Dust Torture - Phish

bold = 1st time played
* = w/ Jenileigh Taylor on lead vocals
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

picture_of_nectar

Damn that's a sick setlist. I love the diversity in your catalog.
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

sour d

I see the Tiny Dancer. Have you guys ever played Benny and the Jets?
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

Walker done done

@ PON - thank you, that's what we're going for.  That, and the "no shit, they're playing THAT??" reaction.  We try to play stuff that folks know, but no one else plays.  And also stuff that gets us off too.  It's a good combination and we've got a nice mix of different backgrounds and influences in the band.

@ SourD - lol, no, we have never tried B&TJ, or any other EJ song for that matter.  TD was the first go-round.  And lemme tell ya, it KILLED.  That song has a way of congealing an audience like no other ("Almost Famous" anyone? - great scene)  All of Boru was singing along at the top of their lungs.  Dudes were picking other dudes up and twirling them around.  No joke, it was hilarious.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

sour d

I know what you mean by the "their playing that" reaction. It's happened to me a few times when we've gone to see you guys. I'm pissed we couldn't make it (and pissed I couldn't get my chicken at bucks!). B&TJ is something I've always thought you guys should cover for some reason. Not sure why. It would be great if you guys can play at boru's more often. Like in the summer when the deck is open.
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

Walker done done

Quote from: sour d on March 01, 2011, 03:28:46 PM
I know what you mean by the "their playing that" reaction. It's happened to me a few times when we've gone to see you guys. I'm pissed we couldn't make it (and pissed I couldn't get my chicken at bucks!). B&TJ is something I've always thought you guys should cover for some reason. Not sure why. It would be great if you guys can play at boru's more often. Like in the summer when the deck is open.

No doubt!  We got "glowing recommendations" from the bartenders, so hopefully the summer will be on the docket.  The sound is very strange in there - a combination of the brick walls and that hole/balcony behind the band that looks down to the 1st floor.  I've never turned my amp up so loud before, and you know how small that place is.  I think I need to put a cover on the back of my amp next time we play there...I had wondered if sound was escaping out back and down below.  People kept telling me to turn up, and the recordings say the same....can barely hear my solos on them. 

I love song suggestions so I'll give B&TJ a good look.  Our next scheduled gig is @ Buck's on 5/13 and we hope to get 1-2 more before then (hopefully 1 @ Boru, and possibly another @ Bubba's).

Oh, and November Rain may be my favorite song to play right now.  Just an awesome song to play.  Thank you, Slash!

Loop 3 Boomerang+