11/25/11 Jezmund & the Family Berzerkers setlist + audio + video

Started by Walker done done, November 26, 2011, 01:00:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walker done done

Hi guys

Welp all I can say is holy fucking shit....that was a blast.  Never had more fun in my life.  Many thanks to the folks here who came out, it was an honor to play that music and have y'all there.  Without further adieu, here's our setlist from last night:

11/25/11 Brian Boru - Portland, ME

I.
Tube
Chalk Dust Torture
Colonel Forbin's Ascent >
Ha Ha Ha
McGrupp & The Watchful Hosemasters
The Divided Sky
I Didn't Know
Roses Are Free
Wilson >
Stash
Harpua >
No Quarter >
Harpua
Cavern
Frankenstein

II.
Fuck Your Face >
Mike's Song >
Timber (Jerry) >
Weekapaug Groove
Golden Age >
*Tweezer >
Light >
Carini >
**Ghost >
Makisupa Policeman >
Harry Hood

Encore:
2001 >
Tweezer Reprise

* - with "Miss You", "Moby Dick", & "Stash" teases/quotes
** - with No Quarter tease
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

IamWILSON

Looks like that was a pretty cool show Walker!  Props for learning some of the more difficult tunes, especially as a band.  Any video recording or audio of the show? Or even a couple songs?
Guitars: Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AS80, Ibanez AF75, Malden Holly Keyser [SD Jazz (neck), SD '59 (bridge)], Carlo Robelli USH-500HB, Martin DC-1E ('98), and a Peavey Grind 5-string bass.

Effects in chain: Whammy II (dry out to Korg Tuner), RMC6, TS-9 ('82), TS-808 ('81), Ross Compressor, Fulltone SupaTrem, Fulltone DejaVibe2, TC Elec Nova Repeater, Ibanez Digital Modulation Delay III (DML20), Boomerang+, Alesis Microverb I, H&K Rotosphere MkII --> amps.

Amps: Mesa Boogie MkIII Blue Stripe, Egnator Rebel 20 head > Mesa Boogie Road King 2x12 cab, Fender Blues Jr. Humboldt, Marshall VS102R, Fender Champion 600, and Fender Frontman 25R.

Effects currently not in chain: Ross Compressor (MIT), Keeley Compressor (2-knob), Keeley TS-9, and TS-9 ('82).

Walker done done

Quote from: IamWILSON on November 26, 2011, 02:15:06 PM
Looks like that was a pretty cool show Walker!  Props for learning some of the more difficult tunes, especially as a band.  Any video recording or audio of the show? Or even a couple songs?

Yep, we've got audio on Dropbox now, just need to split up the tracks then we'll post to the Archive.  We've got video of the 2nd set too but it's not great...there was someone standing in front of the camera the whole time blocking most of the view.  Audio is ok on the video, not the best.  But you can see it here: http://www.youtube.com/user/danfcrea?feature=mhee
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

picture_of_nectar

Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

fulltone1989

Awesome! Definitely dug the Golden Age jam, love that tune.
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

Walker done done

Thanks guys!  With only 2 practices it wasn't perfect but we hope to do it again soon and the more we play together the tighter we'll be. 

Here's the audio on Archive:

http://www.archive.org/details/JAFB2011-11-25.Brian.Boru_Portland.ME

Loop 3 Boomerang+

Rusty the Scoob

What a great show!  So many perma-grins in the audience.   

I only wish I didn't have amp troubles...  it sort of overwhelmed my preamp when I played slap, for some reason... really wrecked Weekapaug for me, among a few other tunes.  Next time I'll hook up a compressor I guess... the built-in limiter seems to be after at least one of the gain stages.

And by next time, I mean 12/16 when I fill in for the Phreaks, another Phish tribute.  ;D  They're splitting the night with one of my JGB tribute bands so it'll be extra convenient.
Phishhead playing Phil

www.fennario.us

fulltone1989

Quote from: Rusty the Scoob on November 28, 2011, 01:18:15 PM
What a great show!  So many perma-grins in the audience.   

I only wish I didn't have amp troubles...  it sort of overwhelmed my preamp when I played slap, for some reason... really wrecked Weekapaug for me, among a few other tunes.  Next time I'll hook up a compressor I guess... the built-in limiter seems to be after at least one of the gain stages.

And by next time, I mean 12/16 when I fill in for the Phreaks, another Phish tribute.  ;D  They're splitting the night with one of my JGB tribute bands so it'll be extra convenient.

Caught the Phreaks at Wormtown in MA this past year, they were great.
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

the_great_lemon

Wow, you guys sounded really good Walker!  That gweetar is tassstey mmmmmmmm 8) and what a great set list!  You were even kind enough to put in some of my personal favs and I loved how you incorporated some of the covers the boys play.  Good stuff, keep it comin'!
Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Traditional, 1992 Gibson SG Standard
Effects: Boss OC-2 Octave -> Garmopatmods Vox V847 -> Mojo Vibe -> Boss Blues Driver -> Mad Professor Sweet Honey OD -> Ross Compressor -> Boss GE-7 -> MXR Carbon Copy -> TC Ditto Looper
Amps: Fender Blues Jr. NOS, Epiphone Valve Jr.

MomaDan

Who played the vacuum during I Didn't Know? Thats a great touch to the show ;D
LP Studio w/ Wolfetone DR. V>Wilson Rippah>MXR Classic Dist>CompRosser>Strymon Mobius>Boomerang>TU-2>Fender SF Champ

strangedesign

All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

Walker done done

Quote from: MomaDan on November 29, 2011, 09:20:04 PM
Who played the vacuum during I Didn't Know? Thats a great touch to the show ;D

It was Toby, our drummer, and it wasn't a real vacuum!  I printed off a vintage Electrolux and he held it up while he used his mouth to make weird noises into the mic.  He would've gone longer but he said he got light-headed pretty quickly so he had to stop.  It was a riot!

Loop 3 Boomerang+

Happyorange27

MORE GUITAR!!!  Very good job man, you really worked hard to get all those licks down. 
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

Walker done done

Quote from: Happyorange27 on November 30, 2011, 03:05:38 PM
MORE GUITAR!!!  Very good job man, you really worked hard to get all those licks down. 

Thanks Happy.  It was a lot of fun and we hope to do another show at the beginning of the year in Jan/Feb/Mar...just depends on everyone's availability.  We'll have a bunch of new songs to tackle too...I get musical ADD and like to move on from stuff.

Loop 3 Boomerang+

sour d

Quote from: Happyorange27 on November 30, 2011, 03:05:38 PM
Walker did an awesome job. I was really impressed with the bass, drum, and keys players too. Watching the bass player set up his rig and mess with the meatball was cool. That pedal is like mike in a box. I can't wait for the next gig. I can taste the crown and cokes already!
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe