Share your pedalboards!

Started by fulltone1989, November 16, 2011, 02:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulltone1989

Got this idea from TGP, and I read about everyones awesome setup in their sig, but I want to see 'em!

Here's mine.

Here's the signal - Teese RMC3 -> WH-2 -> Sweet Poi OD -> FD-2 Mosfet -> VL Micro Vibe -> Morley Mini Volume -> Korg Pitchblack - TC Electronics Nova Repeater -> Right out to Boss RC-20XL -> Rang  + -> Super Champ XD or PA -> Left out to DRRI

I'm a big Trey and Scofield fan so I gravitate towards some of their gear, and I like to make lots of loops too!

Sorry for the terrible phone picture.
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

picture_of_nectar

here is mine, although I switched out the Maxon OD9 tube Screamer with a Maxon OD808 recently, mainly cause I like the switch better.

RMC3 ->Timmy->
LoopMaster
Loop 1- OD808->OCD->Ross compressor
Loop 2- AM Mini Chorus-> MXR Reissue Script Phase 90
Loop 3- Fulltone SupaTrem
Loop 4- AM ARDX20 Analog Delay
Loop 5- Boomerang 3

-> Korg Pitchblack Tuner

I like the setup, though I am on the hunt for a Loopmaster with one or two more channels.
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

fulltone1989

Quote from: picture_of_nectar on November 17, 2011, 12:07:54 AM

here is mine, although I switched out the Maxon OD9 tube Screamer with a Maxon OD808 recently, mainly cause I like the switch better.

RMC3 ->Timmy->
LoopMaster
Loop 1- OD808->OCD->Ross compressor
Loop 2- AM Mini Chorus-> MXR Reissue Script Phase 90
Loop 3- Fulltone SupaTrem
Loop 4- AM ARDX20 Analog Delay
Loop 5- Boomerang 3

-> Korg Pitchblack Tuner

I like the setup, though I am on the hunt for a Loopmaster with one or two more channels.

This is awesome! I've been looking at a pedal switcher to make my pedal chain shorter but I can't decide what.
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs

sour d

I like to travel light so my board is small. Just a few necessary pedals...

Lets do amps next!
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

MomaDan

Jeez sour :o I count 6x Whammys  8x TS and like 10x wahs. What do you do with all those
LP Studio w/ Wolfetone DR. V>Wilson Rippah>MXR Classic Dist>CompRosser>Strymon Mobius>Boomerang>TU-2>Fender SF Champ

sour d

Quote from: MomaDan on November 17, 2011, 04:21:35 PM
Jeez sour :o I count 6x Whammys  8x TS and like 10x wahs. What do you do with all those
I think it's more like 10 whammys and 10 wahs but who's counting right. I buy and fix/mod pedals and flip them on ebay. I started with like $300 in a paypal account and started watching pedals I knew I could sell for more money. I pick up a lot of early 80's tubescreamers that people don't realize are early 80's and flip them for twice what I paid. I've grabbed a lot of whammys and jam man loopers and stuff like that because people plug them in with the wrong adaptor and assume they don't work. Shit like that. I'm pretty good at fixing tubescreamers too. If anybody has broken tubescreamers I'll take them. It started with pedals and then moved on to guitars and amps. The best part of this hobby is that I can try any pedal I want and decide for myself what is good or sounds good to me and what is just a bunch of hype. Todays example that came in the mail was a boss ds-1 that the person selling it had no way of testing it. Nobody bid but me and I got it for $18. Someone had covered up the "distortion ds-1" writing with a sticker but I could tell from the auction picture that it was an early version because the old boss rubber pads just look different. I open the package today, removed the sticker, and oh shit it was what they call a "long dash" version from 1980. I should be able to flip it for $100. The board I gig with is tucked in all that shit. Lower right in the first pic
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

fulltone1989

This is great, definitely digging your collection. Did you drop the loop switcher from your board?

sour d

Quote from: tomasmaclennan on November 17, 2011, 06:14:17 PM
This is great, definitely digging your collection. Did you drop the loop switcher from your board?
I did. When I gig now nothing is in a bypass loop.

Happyorange27

A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

manicstarseed

Quote from: sour d on November 17, 2011, 06:20:05 PM
Quote from: tomasmaclennan on November 17, 2011, 06:14:17 PM
I did. When I gig now nothing is in a bypass loop.

Do you mind sharing why? I think I will be getting some Road Rage kits and if you decided to gig w/o one, after having one, I suspect a cautionary tale.

Apologies for thread jacking, I will take some pix of my pedals and post them as penance... :D
Guitar>GCB-95 Wah>Qtron+>Vibe Machine>TS9> Booty Queue Retro Comp>Phase 90-script >Express 25 - FX loop> Nova Repeater>Nova Reverb>Boss- RC-20XL>Amp Return.

Guitars: 1976 Gibson Les Paul (w/ SD Pearly Gates).
Schecter C1-E/A Semi-hollow with '76 Gibson Stock Pickups + MIDI
Fender Stratocaster + MIDI
Synthesizer->GR-55
Sideboard-> Boss SD-1, and OC-3 , MXR 10-band EQ

Amps: Mesa Nomad 55, Express 25 (both 1x12 combos) and Fender Frontman25R w/ 10" Eminence Rajin Cajun speaker

IamWILSON

I just took pictures of my gear last night when it was set up for a show.  How do I post a couple pictures on here?
Guitars: Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AS80, Ibanez AF75, Malden Holly Keyser [SD Jazz (neck), SD '59 (bridge)], Carlo Robelli USH-500HB, Martin DC-1E ('98), and a Peavey Grind 5-string bass.

Effects in chain: Whammy II (dry out to Korg Tuner), RMC6, TS-9 ('82), TS-808 ('81), Ross Compressor, Fulltone SupaTrem, Fulltone DejaVibe2, TC Elec Nova Repeater, Ibanez Digital Modulation Delay III (DML20), Boomerang+, Alesis Microverb I, H&K Rotosphere MkII --> amps.

Amps: Mesa Boogie MkIII Blue Stripe, Egnator Rebel 20 head > Mesa Boogie Road King 2x12 cab, Fender Blues Jr. Humboldt, Marshall VS102R, Fender Champion 600, and Fender Frontman 25R.

Effects currently not in chain: Ross Compressor (MIT), Keeley Compressor (2-knob), Keeley TS-9, and TS-9 ('82).

manicstarseed

Quote from: IamWILSON on November 18, 2011, 10:40:47 AM
I just took pictures of my gear last night when it was set up for a show.  How do I post a couple pictures on here?

You need a location to host the pictures then you post an image link.
Guitar>GCB-95 Wah>Qtron+>Vibe Machine>TS9> Booty Queue Retro Comp>Phase 90-script >Express 25 - FX loop> Nova Repeater>Nova Reverb>Boss- RC-20XL>Amp Return.

Guitars: 1976 Gibson Les Paul (w/ SD Pearly Gates).
Schecter C1-E/A Semi-hollow with '76 Gibson Stock Pickups + MIDI
Fender Stratocaster + MIDI
Synthesizer->GR-55
Sideboard-> Boss SD-1, and OC-3 , MXR 10-band EQ

Amps: Mesa Nomad 55, Express 25 (both 1x12 combos) and Fender Frontman25R w/ 10" Eminence Rajin Cajun speaker

Walker done done

First off, HOLY SHIT D   :o :o :o  ...I knew you had some gear but that exceeds my imagination! 

Below is what I am currently working with.  Currently using the HotRod Delux because I love the sound I get out of it, but lately I've been practicing at home w/ the MKIII, and I am trying to decide if I should play this @ our Phish gig next week or just use the HRD.  The only thing is the MKIII's overdrive isn't all that great, IMHO.  The HRD's is fantastic though, and I love using it.  What to do?

Not shown: Whammy II (y'all know what that looks like anyways)

PS - SourD - that's your TS9 on top of the MKIII
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

fulltone1989

I use photobucket.com, works fine for my application but it may not get a lot of love.

HappyOrange - Nonetheless a sweet, sweet rig - how do you use the two wah's?

Walker - Nice! I don't think Trey uses the OD circuit on his MKIII, and although the HRD is a great pedal platform you may find the EQ on the MKIII better-suited to shaping your tone. Also, If I'm not mistaken I remembered a level knob on the MKIII's FX loop (owned one for a hot minute.) If you put your WH-2 into the FX Loop on the MKIII you can lower the gain knob on the WH-2 to a much lower setting so it tracks better, and then just crank the FX Loop knob so it's to Unity with your pedals.

Is the Power Factor Pro the sweetness?

Happyorange27

Quote from: tomasmaclennan on November 18, 2011, 01:26:21 PM
HappyOrange - Nonetheless a sweet, sweet rig - how do you use the two wah's?

Well those wah's are near and dear to me since I worked so hard on modifying them and designing and prototyping the pcbs.  I use them for different flavors, before and after OD.  Maybe when I get more pedals, i'll go down to one but It's not hurting to have both right now.

Sometimes I stand on both wahs and do the cha cha and my rig talks in Parcel Tounge!!!
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex