Share your pedalboards!

Started by fulltone1989, November 16, 2011, 02:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulltone1989

Quote from: Happyorange27 on November 18, 2011, 02:16:02 PM
Quote from: tomasmaclennan on November 18, 2011, 01:26:21 PM
Quote from: IamWILSON on November 18, 2011, 10:40:47 AM
I just took pictures of my gear last night when it was set up for a show.  How do I post a couple pictures on here?
HappyOrange - Nonetheless a sweet, sweet rig - how do you use the two wah's?

Well those wah's are near and dear to me since I worked so hard on modifying them and designing and prototyping the pcbs.  I use them for different flavors, before and after OD.  Maybe when I get more pedals, i'll go down to one but It's not hurting to have both right now.

Sometimes I stand on both wahs and do the cha cha and my rig talks in Parcel Tounge!!!

That sounds awesome! Is it possible to put both PCB's in the same enclosure with a toggle so you can choose between circuits?
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

Happyorange27

Quote from: tomasmaclennan on November 18, 2011, 02:41:46 PM
Quote from: Happyorange27 on November 18, 2011, 02:16:02 PM
Quote from: IamWILSON on November 18, 2011, 10:40:47 AM
I just took pictures of my gear last night when it was set up for a show.  How do I post a couple pictures on here?
HappyOrange - Nonetheless a sweet, sweet rig - how do you use the two wah's?

Well those wah's are near and dear to me since I worked so hard on modifying them and designing and prototyping the pcbs.  I use them for different flavors, before and after OD.  Maybe when I get more pedals, i'll go down to one but It's not hurting to have both right now.

Sometimes I stand on both wahs and do the cha cha and my rig talks in Parcel Tounge!!!

That sounds awesome! Is it possible to put both PCB's in the same enclosure with a toggle so you can choose between circuits?

yes but it would be somewhat involved.  Probable need like a 5P2T switch so you could make all the proper switching but yeah it's possible.
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

sour d

Quote from: manicstarseed on November 17, 2011, 08:30:31 PM
Quote from: sour d on November 17, 2011, 06:20:05 PM
Quote from: tomasmaclennan on November 17, 2011, 06:14:17 PM
This is great, definitely digging your collection. Did you drop the loop switcher from your board?
I did. When I gig now nothing is in a bypass loop.

Do you mind sharing why? I think I will be getting some Road Rage kits and if you decided to gig w/o one, after having one, I suspect a cautionary tale.

Apologies for thread jacking, I will take some pix of my pedals and post them as penance... :D
Just a personal preference. Think about the amount of cable ends, jacks, wires, switches your signal is going thru with a switcher. Not to mention the extra cables. And a lot of the time I was using most of my loops switched on anyway. A lot of times I prefer a pedal with a good buffer than one that is true bypass. Not always but...

Quote from: Walker done done on November 18, 2011, 11:12:04 AM
First off, HOLY SHIT D   :o :o :o  ...I knew you had some gear but that exceeds my imagination! 
You should see all the other shit. Amps and guitars etc.. I really want to quit my job and open a used gear shop up here. Closest place is 45 minute drive if I need strings!
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

IamWILSON

The gig went pretty well last night, and the stereo amp set up sounded pretty cool.  The only bummer was finding out that the house soundsystem is mono, so I was told you could only really tell if you were up closer to the stage.  That and I mysteriously flubbled alot of lyrics, probably not as bad as I thought, but I just kept getting stuck.  The guitar playing and band interaction was great though!

So here's some pedalboard/gear pics!

Guitars: Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AS80, Ibanez AF75, Malden Holly Keyser [SD Jazz (neck), SD '59 (bridge)], Carlo Robelli USH-500HB, Martin DC-1E ('98), and a Peavey Grind 5-string bass.

Effects in chain: Whammy II (dry out to Korg Tuner), RMC6, TS-9 ('82), TS-808 ('81), Ross Compressor, Fulltone SupaTrem, Fulltone DejaVibe2, TC Elec Nova Repeater, Ibanez Digital Modulation Delay III (DML20), Boomerang+, Alesis Microverb I, H&K Rotosphere MkII --> amps.

Amps: Mesa Boogie MkIII Blue Stripe, Egnator Rebel 20 head > Mesa Boogie Road King 2x12 cab, Fender Blues Jr. Humboldt, Marshall VS102R, Fender Champion 600, and Fender Frontman 25R.

Effects currently not in chain: Ross Compressor (MIT), Keeley Compressor (2-knob), Keeley TS-9, and TS-9 ('82).

Walker done done

Walker - Nice! I don't think Trey uses the OD circuit on his MKIII, and although the HRD is a great pedal platform you may find the EQ on the MKIII better-suited to shaping your tone. Also, If I'm not mistaken I remembered a level knob on the MKIII's FX loop (owned one for a hot minute.) If you put your WH-2 into the FX Loop on the MKIII you can lower the gain knob on the WH-2 to a much lower setting so it tracks better, and then just crank the FX Loop knob so it's to Unity with your pedals.

Is the Power Factor Pro the sweetness?

Thanks for the tip on WH-2, I'll give it a whirl.  The pic posted is a little older; I've forced myself to get accustomed to the upside down V for the EQ on the MKIII.  I'll be honest it took me a while to accept it. 

The Power Factor Pro is worth the investment, IMHO.  It cleans up dirty power, and more importantly protects the shit out of my gear.  If the power source I'm plugging into has too high a voltage (in the area of 126 and up), the thing won't even turn on - it totally is like "fuck no you're not playing through this dirty shit!"  We do this festival every year on my in-laws farm and 2 years ago I was running an older generator and the Power Factor Pro didn't like it.  Generator was probably surging too high.  I ended up plugging straight in (not recommended) anyways so we could play.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

fulltone1989

Quote from: IamWILSON on November 19, 2011, 02:14:35 AM
The gig went pretty well last night, and the stereo amp set up sounded pretty cool.  The only bummer was finding out that the house soundsystem is mono, so I was told you could only really tell if you were up closer to the stage.  That and I mysteriously flubbled alot of lyrics, probably not as bad as I thought, but I just kept getting stuck.  The guitar playing and band interaction was great though!

So here's some pedalboard/gear pics!

Sweet stuff! I like how you separated AC and DC powered pedals onto their respectable boards. Do all your AC effects go to the loop? if so, how do you like the WH-2 in it?

Also, do you power your Nova Repeater off a DC jack of the PP2+? I thought it was AC.

Walker - Sounds like a worth-while investment, do they make them anymore?
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs

IamWILSON

"Sweet stuff! I like how you separated AC and DC powered pedals onto their respectable boards. Do all your AC effects go to the loop? if so, how do you like the WH-2 in it?

Also, do you power your Nova Repeater off a DC jack of the PP2+? I thought it was AC."

Thanks!  I waited a long time to put together the side board on plywood, because I was contemplating so many ideas.  The easiest and best I found was to separate the boards by power supply.  I didn't like the wah on the pedal train so I left it off (I pack it in the same case anyway), but it's also convenient for grabbing the wah and one of my extra ts-9s if I'm going to a low key jam where I just need the bare necessity's!  Beyond that I evaluated that I only need the pedaltrain board plus wah for most rehearsals, again easiness and what's necessary.  Then it just made sense to power all the AC effects on the homemade board together.  If you look in my signature at my chain, you'll see that the only effects running after the boomerang are the microverb and rotosphere.  As everything else was more necessary to get in before the boomerang for the looping I will do for my phish coverband.  In fact the Whammy II is first, and then over to the wah pedal, and to the pedaltrain board and then it works its way back around to the homemade board. 

Yeah the Nova Repeater runs on DC power but I think I had to flip the little switch underneath the PP2+ for it to power correctly, as per the Voodoo Labs correspondence I went through to make sure I can power everything I had before I purchased either of the pedal powers. 

I am planning on adding my DejaVibe2 to the pedaltrain board all the way on the left and moving both delay pedals to above the supatrem/left of the compressor.  I'll just plug the 3 prong plug from the dejavibe into the courtesy plug on the PP2.  Now that I got my sound really cleaned up after learning about ground loops, I might retry my Ross Comp again and see if it's not so noisy anymore.  I really liked the "breathing/alive" quality tone it produced, but it sure brought out all the extraneous noise problems I was having and just not worth it.  A testament anyway to how more transparent the Keeley is in comparison.  If its still noisy, I guess I'll either get it modded to MIA specs, or sell it.  Just holding off because I don't wanna spend any more dough.  The one last thing too is, that I still have one available spot on both pedal powers so I can still add one more DC powered effect and one AC powered effect and there is plenty of space on both boards for when my next GAS flare up happens!
Guitars: Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AS80, Ibanez AF75, Malden Holly Keyser [SD Jazz (neck), SD '59 (bridge)], Carlo Robelli USH-500HB, Martin DC-1E ('98), and a Peavey Grind 5-string bass.

Effects in chain: Whammy II (dry out to Korg Tuner), RMC6, TS-9 ('82), TS-808 ('81), Ross Compressor, Fulltone SupaTrem, Fulltone DejaVibe2, TC Elec Nova Repeater, Ibanez Digital Modulation Delay III (DML20), Boomerang+, Alesis Microverb I, H&K Rotosphere MkII --> amps.

Amps: Mesa Boogie MkIII Blue Stripe, Egnator Rebel 20 head > Mesa Boogie Road King 2x12 cab, Fender Blues Jr. Humboldt, Marshall VS102R, Fender Champion 600, and Fender Frontman 25R.

Effects currently not in chain: Ross Compressor (MIT), Keeley Compressor (2-knob), Keeley TS-9, and TS-9 ('82).

fulltone1989

Quote from: IamWILSON on November 19, 2011, 06:51:19 PM
"Sweet stuff! I like how you separated AC and DC powered pedals onto their respectable boards. Do all your AC effects go to the loop? if so, how do you like the WH-2 in it?

Also, do you power your Nova Repeater off a DC jack of the PP2+? I thought it was AC."

Thanks!  I waited a long time to put together the side board on plywood, because I was contemplating so many ideas.  The easiest and best I found was to separate the boards by power supply.  I didn't like the wah on the pedal train so I left it off (I pack it in the same case anyway), but it's also convenient for grabbing the wah and one of my extra ts-9s if I'm going to a low key jam where I just need the bare necessity's!  Beyond that I evaluated that I only need the pedaltrain board plus wah for most rehearsals, again easiness and what's necessary.  Then it just made sense to power all the AC effects on the homemade board together.  If you look in my signature at my chain, you'll see that the only effects running after the boomerang are the microverb and rotosphere.  As everything else was more necessary to get in before the boomerang for the looping I will do for my phish coverband.  In fact the Whammy II is first, and then over to the wah pedal, and to the pedaltrain board and then it works its way back around to the homemade board. 

Yeah the Nova Repeater runs on DC power but I think I had to flip the little switch underneath the PP2+ for it to power correctly, as per the Voodoo Labs correspondence I went through to make sure I can power everything I had before I purchased either of the pedal powers. 

I am planning on adding my DejaVibe2 to the pedaltrain board all the way on the left and moving both delay pedals to above the supatrem/left of the compressor.  I'll just plug the 3 prong plug from the dejavibe into the courtesy plug on the PP2.  Now that I got my sound really cleaned up after learning about ground loops, I might retry my Ross Comp again and see if it's not so noisy anymore.  I really liked the "breathing/alive" quality tone it produced, but it sure brought out all the extraneous noise problems I was having and just not worth it.  A testament anyway to how more transparent the Keeley is in comparison.  If its still noisy, I guess I'll either get it modded to MIA specs, or sell it.  Just holding off because I don't wanna spend any more dough.  The one last thing too is, that I still have one available spot on both pedal powers so I can still add one more DC powered effect and one AC powered effect and there is plenty of space on both boards for when my next GAS flare up happens!

Ah, duh.

I was wondering what you mean by "flipping a switch" to power the TC, do you set it to 12v?

IamWILSON

Check out this link, scroll down to the chart near the bottom.  I was told to use either output 5 or 6, with the dip switch set to on.  From the looks of it, it does switch it to 12v power.  I remember that you can even get a specific plug to use 2 outputs in parallel and send 18v to a pedal too.

http://www.voodoolab.com/pedalpower_2.htm

fulltone1989

Quote from: IamWILSON on November 19, 2011, 07:59:42 PM
Check out this link, scroll down to the chart near the bottom.  I was told to use either output 5 or 6, with the dip switch set to on.  From the looks of it, it does switch it to 12v power.  I remember that you can even get a specific plug to use 2 outputs in parallel and send 18v to a pedal too.

http://www.voodoolab.com/pedalpower_2.htm

I have an older PP that switches between 9 and 12v, so I should be able to do this. one less wall wart!

manicstarseed

Here is my pedal collection and the board that they will live on. They all are powered by wall warts at this time. The signal order is right to left on the bottom into an amp and the FX loop is at the top right to left. The Super OD, Ibanez EQ, Boss Comp and Flanger are on the verge of trade fodder.

The  GCB-95  Wah is on the fritz and I am going to whip out the meter and hunt the issue down. I know it needs a new pot and I am considering changing out the power adapter, I got this in the late 89 or early 90 and it takes the male 1/8". 

For what I (attempt-to) play and much of what I don't, my amps have all the clean or dirty I ever want or need. It becomes a matter of cabinetry and drivers. For me, the OD pedals exist for specific sounds, so I am fickle about them. The Silver mods intrigue me.

I really am ready to send the link for a road rage looper to my wife. I want (2) six channel big foot kits, one for the FX loops and one for up front. At the mention of the silver mods, I wonder what I should get? Looper Or TS-9 Silver Mod? OY! the choices....

Anyway... My Pedals:
Guitar>GCB-95 Wah>Qtron+>Vibe Machine>TS9> Booty Queue Retro Comp>Phase 90-script >Express 25 - FX loop> Nova Repeater>Nova Reverb>Boss- RC-20XL>Amp Return.

Guitars: 1976 Gibson Les Paul (w/ SD Pearly Gates).
Schecter C1-E/A Semi-hollow with '76 Gibson Stock Pickups + MIDI
Fender Stratocaster + MIDI
Synthesizer->GR-55
Sideboard-> Boss SD-1, and OC-3 , MXR 10-band EQ

Amps: Mesa Nomad 55, Express 25 (both 1x12 combos) and Fender Frontman25R w/ 10" Eminence Rajin Cajun speaker

picture_of_nectar

Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

manicstarseed

Wah update.... I plugged in a battery and  gave it a spin.... same issue... no sound when switched on. I rocked the living crap out of it for like 30 seconds and suddenly... WAH! It worked. It had the dirty pot scratch sound that it always had (from out of the box) and always discouraged me from really using it. Hammered on it for another 5 minutes and the scratchiness went away completely. Now it turns on and off like intended. After not using it for like 15 years, my calves are burning and I found some awesome sounds that I simply could not make  last time I  tried to really use it. In fact looking back on my usage, I may have never really broken the thing in. Wife is in bed, so tomorrow I will plug it in again and check the reliability.

I love my wah. I am also out of shape.

PON... Agreed. I love the sound of my script, when on, I feel it ADDS tone. It's also one of the reasons I am considering a looping system. I notice the added muddiness in my chain with the pedal in it and off. The I love the gentle sweeps I can get with it so... the looper is the answer I have found.
Guitar>GCB-95 Wah>Qtron+>Vibe Machine>TS9> Booty Queue Retro Comp>Phase 90-script >Express 25 - FX loop> Nova Repeater>Nova Reverb>Boss- RC-20XL>Amp Return.

Guitars: 1976 Gibson Les Paul (w/ SD Pearly Gates).
Schecter C1-E/A Semi-hollow with '76 Gibson Stock Pickups + MIDI
Fender Stratocaster + MIDI
Synthesizer->GR-55
Sideboard-> Boss SD-1, and OC-3 , MXR 10-band EQ

Amps: Mesa Nomad 55, Express 25 (both 1x12 combos) and Fender Frontman25R w/ 10" Eminence Rajin Cajun speaker

fulltone1989

Did a huge sell-off and swapped some of my gear around, picked up a Lovepedal Magcboy Vibe, A Jetter GSR, and a TC Flashback. I'm really happy with the current setup and I hope it stays that way for awhile. I plan on keeping a small-ish board for portability's-sake. I placed the Flashback on the first row so I can change the delay setting with my toe instead of the audio tapping, although I found that the Audio Tapping feature is pretty simple to use in a band setting. Everything runs of an original PP, WH-2 goes into the AC Jack on the back, all the cabling was made of Mogami (forgot the size) cables and plugs by someone on TGP, and the Flashbacks R out goes to a Boomerang into a SS amp. The RMC3 is from '04 or '05 and doesn't have an power jack and the pot is scratchy so it goes off to Teese after the holidaze.

Even though I don't have any TS-style pedals on my board can I still hang out here?

Happy Holidaze!

the_great_lemon

Hey Thomas, I noticed you got rid of your Full-Drive 2.  Was that for any particular reason? From everything I have read it looks pretty tasty, especially with the extra boost switch for the "face melt" tones.

Hope everyone enjoyed the holidays so far!  Get any new gear?   :)

On an unrelated note...am I going to see any of you at MSG on the 29th or 30th? Can't. F'ing. Wait.
Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Traditional, 1992 Gibson SG Standard
Effects: Boss OC-2 Octave -> Garmopatmods Vox V847 -> Mojo Vibe -> Boss Blues Driver -> Mad Professor Sweet Honey OD -> Ross Compressor -> Boss GE-7 -> MXR Carbon Copy -> TC Ditto Looper
Amps: Fender Blues Jr. NOS, Epiphone Valve Jr.