Main Menu

Whammy V?!

Started by fulltone1989, April 17, 2012, 04:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulltone1989

Allegedly there's a new Whammy in the works, shares some of the II's modes and is TB w/ DC power.

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=1064646
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

Brian27

That looks interesting. Ill have to see what becomes of it here in the next few weeks or so. Id love to be able to switch between presets like the Whammy II but with True Bypass.

Happyorange27

A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

sour d

Has anybody tried the morpheus bomber yet? I'm curious about that pedal. If the whammy V sounds anything like the whammy IV, I am not one bit interested. That's why I haven't tried the whammy DT yet.
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

Brian27

I gave it a try in our local guitar store and the Tracking is unreal. I almost bought it but i kinda like the odd tracking on the Whammy so ididnt get it.

fulltone1989

Quote from: Brian27 on April 17, 2012, 06:24:28 PM
That looks interesting. Ill have to see what becomes of it here in the next few weeks or so. Id love to be able to switch between presets like the Whammy II but with True Bypass.

This is my only gripe, but I guess a bigger knob or spindle thing you adjust with your toe solves that issue as well.

Sour- I've heard the DT is much better that the IV, and the V has the option of getting glitchy like the older units.
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs

the_great_lemon

Looks totally cool for not a terrible price!  I'll have to try it out at some point
Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Traditional, 1992 Gibson SG Standard
Effects: Boss OC-2 Octave -> Garmopatmods Vox V847 -> Mojo Vibe -> Boss Blues Driver -> Mad Professor Sweet Honey OD -> Ross Compressor -> Boss GE-7 -> MXR Carbon Copy -> TC Ditto Looper
Amps: Fender Blues Jr. NOS, Epiphone Valve Jr.

Walker done done

Quote from: sour d on April 17, 2012, 09:15:48 PM
Has anybody tried the morpheus bomber yet? I'm curious about that pedal. If the whammy V sounds anything like the whammy IV, I am not one bit interested. That's why I haven't tried the whammy DT yet.

Couldn't agree more.  And the fact that this Whammy V is designed like the IV with no real way to toggle between the different settings except bending over to turn that tiny knob makes it a bust for me.  I won't be buying it.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

fulltone1989

If I can get it at a good price I'll pick it up. I can just put one of those spindle things on the top of the knob so I can move it with my foot.

Heady Jam Fan

Spindle things like a kickdisk? I have a couple on my board usually, pretty helpful.
Headless Hollowbody > Mesa Boogie MK III > TRM Trucker 212 w/ V30's
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9

fulltone1989

Quote from: Heady Jam Fan on April 19, 2012, 03:25:22 PM
Spindle things like a kickdisk? I have a couple on my board usually, pretty helpful.

Yes those guys!

Heady Jam Fan

Yep! Sam's a good guy (who builds the kickdisk), had a few extensive email convo's with him (saying he should get a couple pedal builders to ship with his product, maybe $5 option). He convinced me to try it and it is pretty easy to use - if you can do a volume pedal, you can probably manage a kickdisk IMO. I sometimes use it for delay level and modulation speed, also thought about using on a gain knob.
Headless Hollowbody > Mesa Boogie MK III > TRM Trucker 212 w/ V30's
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9

fulltone1989

Quote from: Heady Jam Fan on April 19, 2012, 09:38:16 PM
Yep! Sam's a good guy (who builds the kickdisk), had a few extensive email convo's with him (saying he should get a couple pedal builders to ship with his product, maybe $5 option). He convinced me to try it and it is pretty easy to use - if you can do a volume pedal, you can probably manage a kickdisk IMO. I sometimes use it for delay level and modulation speed, also thought about using on a gain knob.

I'd be interested in trying it on a delay knob to make a TT espue option on my Flashback.

fulltone1989

Whammy V has an anticipated shipping date of 6/15 for Musician's Friend. Hopefully the GC near me will have some to try out.

MomaDan

Just got a gift card to sam ash. this is my likely buy with it
LP Studio w/ Wolfetone DR. V>Wilson Rippah>MXR Classic Dist>CompRosser>Strymon Mobius>Boomerang>TU-2>Fender SF Champ