Main Menu

Whammy V?!

Started by fulltone1989, April 17, 2012, 04:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulltone1989

My II's LED was broken (effect wasn't responding to treadle movement.) I am toying with the idea of getting a MIDI mouse for my V.

Quote from: sour d on December 26, 2012, 08:24:13 AM
Quote from: fulltone1989 on December 25, 2012, 02:16:26 PM
Had the 4 for awhile and it is nothing like it! I agree in saying the 4's buffer was shit. II's are getting pretty rare and when I had mine it needed repairs, YMMV though.
Repairs are one thing. Usually a dirty switch or a bad jack or something repairable. I've had the same 2 whammy2's for years. I might have purchased them because they were "broken". With the 4's they break in ways that cannot be repaired. That's what I was trying to say.

And why doesn't digitech make a version that allows you to switch settings with your foot and have the 2 presets like the whammy2? I know you can buy those little wheel thingys to replace the knob but it's not the same. If you are using a whammy 4 Molten Midi has some add on midi controller stuff to help with that bending over problem.
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

Stecks

Quote from: sour d on December 26, 2012, 08:24:13 AM
Quote from: fulltone1989 on December 25, 2012, 02:16:26 PM
Had the 4 for awhile and it is nothing like it! I agree in saying the 4's buffer was shit. II's are getting pretty rare and when I had mine it needed repairs, YMMV though.
Repairs are one thing. Usually a dirty switch or a bad jack or something repairable. I've had the same 2 whammy2's for years. I might have purchased them because they were "broken". With the 4's they break in ways that cannot be repaired. That's what I was trying to say.

And why doesn't digitech make a version that allows you to switch settings with your foot and have the 2 presets like the whammy2? I know you can buy those little wheel thingys to replace the knob but it's not the same. If you are using a whammy 4 Molten Midi has some add on midi controller stuff to help with that bending over problem.

I wonder if this can be done with the RP1000 or RP500?
Schecter C1 Classic - Takamine EG334BC acoustic/electric.  Tuner>volume>VOX wah>TS9> Morley ABY selector/split/combiner, PathA:CS9>BF2>DigiDelay, PathB:envelope filter>AD9, 1971 Fender Twin (slightly modded) amplifier

"Remember:  information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is THE BEST." - FZ

Happyorange27

If the RP Units are anything like that GNX4 unit then you will also have other tone coloring going on. I doubt you can isolate the unit to only utilize as Whammy.
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

Stecks

Right... Its probably overkill, anyway.  That's the thing I didn't like about the DigWham pedals, I hate turning knobs.  Another reason why I keep my rig as simple as possible.
Schecter C1 Classic - Takamine EG334BC acoustic/electric.  Tuner>volume>VOX wah>TS9> Morley ABY selector/split/combiner, PathA:CS9>BF2>DigiDelay, PathB:envelope filter>AD9, 1971 Fender Twin (slightly modded) amplifier

"Remember:  information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is THE BEST." - FZ