Main Menu

joe meek gbq

Started by sour d, June 16, 2012, 02:24:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sour d

I just got a joe meek gbq in the mail and plugged it in. I think some of you guys would be interested in one of these ( heady) . Extemely tweakable od/distortion with separate footswitchable eq section
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

Heady Jam Fan

Cool man, looks like a pretty impressive unit. I like that they started making floor effects, heard great things about their rack processors and the FloorQ comp has a great rep if you want something transparent. I've never seen an effect loop on a dirt pedal - I guess that allows you to put effects between the overdrive and EQ? Or just before the master/output volume?

How do you like the overdrive? Is it at all comparable to a TS or just a different beast? It would be pretty useful if you could dial a TS in on the overdrive/distortion side and set a midrange boost on the EQ for leads - which is why I figured you said I might like this pedal ;) I would have definitely been interested in that if I were still using a Fender amp, the lead channel of the Mesa does the trick for me though!

Just out of curiosity, have you found the Even Order Harmonic control useful? Seems like a feature they added just cuz they could.

Also, have you tried it as a headphone amp? I tend to assume I would prefer just playing acoustic if playing loud wasn't a possibility.
Headless Hollowbody > Mesa Boogie MK III > TRM Trucker 212 w/ V30's
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9

sour d

Quote from: Heady Jam Fan on June 16, 2012, 03:04:51 PM
Cool man, looks like a pretty impressive unit. I like that they started making floor effects, heard great things about their rack processors and the FloorQ comp has a great rep if you want something transparent. I've never seen an effect loop on a dirt pedal - I guess that allows you to put effects between the overdrive and EQ? Or just before the master/output volume?

How do you like the overdrive? Is it at all comparable to a TS or just a different beast? It would be pretty useful if you could dial a TS in on the overdrive/distortion side and set a midrange boost on the EQ for leads - which is why I figured you said I might like this pedal ;) I would have definitely been interested in that if I were still using a Fender amp, the lead channel of the Mesa does the trick for me though!

Just out of curiosity, have you found the Even Order Harmonic control useful? Seems like a feature they added just cuz they could.

Also, have you tried it as a headphone amp? I tend to assume I would prefer just playing acoustic if playing loud wasn't a possibility.
Oooww. Too many questions. My brain hurts. I haven't really fucked with it yet. I will spend some time with it in a few days and let you know. So far, i would say you can dial in whatever you want with this thing but it does have a big footprint.... Happy fathers day to raisin, walker and AO and all the other responsible dads
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

Heady Jam Fan

Lol, I figured. I didn't even know that existed, so I haven't seen any reviews. So I know it might take a bit to gain an opinion on those aspects. Take your time on that, but from the limited info I found, that seems like questions that might come up. I feel pretty set with the '83 TS I just got and I found and '82 as well that I think I am getting Tuesday, but I still think that seems cool.

Also, happy fathers day to those who are fathers, happy fathers day to those who are fortunate not to be accidental fathers as well (me, at least).
Headless Hollowbody > Mesa Boogie MK III > TRM Trucker 212 w/ V30's
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9

Happyorange27

Sounds like a cool piece of equipment. Happy Father's Day to all you bad mothers out there...bad mother f&ckers I mean!
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex