Reissued: Black Cat Vibe

Started by Happyorange27, August 20, 2012, 02:53:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulltone1989

Glad to hear that it's working out for you, it definitely delivers an authentic sound but I'd probably upgrade my delay first. The size is the best thing it has going for it besides the tone, would you say its the size of a TS9 or Boss pedal?
Quote from: manicstarseed on September 14, 2012, 12:25:13 AM
Quote from: fulltone1989 on September 13, 2012, 10:34:34 AM

.... I've been looking at other vibes and while this is a TGP find, it does sound very sweet.

http://www.drybell.com/vibe_machine_v1_en.html

Have it(#30)/Love it. Its the only Vibe I ever had, so I have no real basis of comparison. Its a real clear strong vibe and meets my needs. Its been a little while since I plugged into my pedal board, so I do not want to get to descriptive.
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

manicstarseed

MXR Sized... think Phase 90/Dynacomp.
Guitar>GCB-95 Wah>Qtron+>Vibe Machine>TS9> Booty Queue Retro Comp>Phase 90-script >Express 25 - FX loop> Nova Repeater>Nova Reverb>Boss- RC-20XL>Amp Return.

Guitars: 1976 Gibson Les Paul (w/ SD Pearly Gates).
Schecter C1-E/A Semi-hollow with '76 Gibson Stock Pickups + MIDI
Fender Stratocaster + MIDI
Synthesizer->GR-55
Sideboard-> Boss SD-1, and OC-3 , MXR 10-band EQ

Amps: Mesa Nomad 55, Express 25 (both 1x12 combos) and Fender Frontman25R w/ 10" Eminence Rajin Cajun speaker

cactuskeeb

I like the old-fashioned, smooth, and non-warbly univibe sound. I know many of you like your vibe to have a lot of character but I think there's something magical (well, almost) about the evenness of the original univibe's swirl, and how it manages not to overly assert itself, effect-wise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1BDfpAtyPw&feature=youtube_gdata_player