Pedal Power 2+ Overheated (?s)

Started by YouEnjoyMyReba, April 06, 2013, 09:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YouEnjoyMyReba

So I was just playin a little in my apartment and my power supply overheated (I think. Its very hot and smells like burning plastic). Its supplying power to two TS9s, a Vox wah, an analogman compressor, and a chromatic tuner. What could have caused this to happen? Has it ever happened to anyone here?

I usually plug all of my pedals into the first 5 outlets (from the left) on the Pedal Power but I may have plugged one of my pedals into one of the last two outlets on the power supply this time. Would that have done it?
LP Gibson Studio> Whammy II (currently not in rig)> Vox wah 847 (garmopat mod)>Ts9 (silver) X2> BiComp> Boomerang+> FDR '65 reissue

Heady Jam Fan

I use all 8 of mine, no problem.... I even use the auxiliary outlet. I think Voodoo Labs has good customer service, I would hit them up asap - one thing for the PP2+ to go up in smoke, another for it to take your pedals with it.
Headless Hollowbody > Mesa Boogie MK III > TRM Trucker 212 w/ V30's
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9

YouEnjoyMyReba

Yea im gonna contact them tomorrow.  The pedals are fine but the power supply is toast.  I got in January from guitar center but their standard warranty already ran out.  Thankfully, there's apparently a 5 year warranty on all Pedal Powers
LP Gibson Studio> Whammy II (currently not in rig)> Vox wah 847 (garmopat mod)>Ts9 (silver) X2> BiComp> Boomerang+> FDR '65 reissue

fulltone1989

Quote from: YouEnjoyMyReba on April 06, 2013, 10:33:34 PM
Yea im gonna contact them tomorrow.  The pedals are fine but the power supply is toast.  I got in January from guitar center but their standard warranty already ran out.  Thankfully, there's apparently a 5 year warranty on all Pedal Powers

You got it! I have an original PP I am going to upgrade sooner rather than later.
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.