summer '91 shows with horns

Started by Erictw83, August 20, 2007, 09:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erictw83

Recently on another reputably message board I learned that phish played some killer summer '91 shows with a horn section..can anyone recommend some stellar shows from the era?

strangedesign

Quote from: \"Erictw83\"Recently on another reputably message board I learned that phish played some killer summer '91 shows with a horn section..can anyone recommend some stellar shows from the era?
These have always been a couple of my favorite shows from '91 with The Giant Country Horns

07-19-91 Somerville Theater, Somerville, MA

1: Golgi Apparatus, The Landlady, Bouncing Around the Room, David Bowie, Fee, Cavern, The Squirming Coil, You Enjoy Myself, Gumbo, Touch Me

2: Suzy Greenberg, The Divided Sky, I Didn't Know*, My Sweet One, Magilla, Tweezer, The Mango Song, Big Black Furry Creature From Mars

E: Lawn Boy, Runaway Jim**

With The Giant Country Horns. *With Mimi Fishman (Fish's mom) on vacuum. **Sung \"Runaway Yim\" for the birthday of a fan named Jim Reynolds, whose nickname was \"Yim.\"

===========================================

07-20-91 Arrowhead Ranch, Parksville, NY

1: Chalk Dust Torture, Foam, The Squirming Coil, Llama, Oh Kee Pa Ceremony-> Suzy Greenberg, The Landlady, Bathtub Gin, My Sweet One, David Bowie

2: Buried Alive, Reba, Caravan, Dinner and a Movie, Flat Fee, Golgi Apparatus, Stash, TMWSIY-> Avenu Malkenu-> TMWSIY, You Enjoy Myself, Rocky Top

E: Possum

With The Giant Country Horns.

07-21-91 Arrowhead Ranch, Parksville, NY

1: Cavern, The Divided Sky, Guelah Papyrus, Poor Heart, Split Open and Melt, Lizards, The Landlady, Bouncing Around the Room, Mike's Song-> I am Hydrogen-> Weekapaug Groove

2: Tweezer, I Didn't Know, Runaway Jim, Lawn Boy, The Sloth, Esther, AC/DC Bag, Contact-> Tweezer Reprise

E1: Gumbo*-> Gumbo reprise*, Touch Me*

E2: Fee*, Suzy Greenberg*

With The Giant Country Horns. *With Steve-O from New Orleans on washboard.

07-24-91 Trax, Charlottesville, VA

Sound Check: Gimme 3 Steps, Superstitious, Poor Heart, Sex Machine, Funky Bitch, Nationwide

1: Golgi Apparatus-> Chalk Dust Torture, The Squirming Coil-> Buried Alive, Split Open and Melt, Bathtub Gin, The Landlady, Cavern, Tela, You Enjoy Myself

2: Possum, Guelah Papyrus, David Bowie-> Jesus Just Left Chicago, My Sweet One-> Bouncing Around the Room, Funky Bitch, I Didn't Know, Frankenstein, Suzy Greenberg

E: Contact, Big Black Furry Creature From Mars*

With The Giant Country Horns. *With \"I Love Lucy\" and \"Brady Bunch\" themes teases.

07-25-91 Cat's Cradle, Chapel Hill, NC

1: My Sweet One, The Sloth-> Foam, Suzy Greenberg, The Divided Sky, Flat Fee, AC/DC Bag, Sweet Adeline, Cavern, Run Like an Antelope

2: The Landlady, Golgi Apparatus, The Squirming Coil, Llama, Poor Heart, Jesus Just Left Chicago, Lizards, Stash, Touch Me, Take the A-Train, Mike's Song-> I Am Hydrogen-> Weekapaug Groove

E: Split Open and Melt

With The Giant Country Horns.
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

Erictw83

Right on! Thanks for the run-down on the shows.  I just started torrenting the 7/21 show, should be done in a day or so.  Can't wait to listen. Much appreciated! :D

strangedesign

Quote from: \"Erictw83\"Right on! Thanks for the run-down on the shows.  I just started torrenting the 7/21 show, should be done in a day or so.  Can't wait to listen. Much appreciated! :D
That was one of the first shows I ever aquired. That would have been in 1992... you should enjoy it...
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

Erictw83

So three weeks after I started torrenting 7/21/91....success at last!!!!!
I've been listening to show this evening while doing so work.  Great show!  The band is definitely on and the horns add nice touches here and there.  I dig it.  thanks for the tip