Yonder and Fishman

Started by Erictw83, September 04, 2007, 01:15:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erictw83

Anyone happen to catch Fishman playing drums with yonder last night at Red Rocks?   Fishman played maybe the last 1/3 of the first set, and probably 1/2 the second set with Yonder.  The crowd went nuts when he hit the stage.  The whole night Fish's kit was looming behind in the darkness just adding to the tension and anticipation.  I think  the drums fit in really well.  For the most part the drums seemed lower in the mix then a typical, which played well since drums are a foreign entity when it comes to bluegrass.  They weren't over done or abused. The drums also worked well with the uptempo energy that is bluegrass and yonder jamming.  The drums definately filled in a lot of spaces in the music and added a bite and funk to the jamming.  All in all i was totally digging it and dancing my ass off...as much as a white boy can anyway.

Walker done done

That's pretty nasty, I'll have to get a copy of that show.  Thanks for the headies up.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

gratephulphish123

i just hope fish doesnt become a permanent member, we need him for that phish reunion thats happening... :(

Erictw83

Yeah the show was really nasty.  Of course my opinion of the show may be jaded because i was there.  Can't wait to hear the recordings.  That was my first Red Rocks show too.  Red Rocks is such an awesome place to see a show!  I can't wait to catch that phish 3 night stand at Red Rocks on the reunion tour  :P

Walker done done

Quote from: \"Erictw83\"Yeah the show was really nasty.  Of course my opinion of the show may be jaded because i was there.  Can't wait to hear the recordings.  That was my first Red Rocks show too.  Red Rocks is such an awesome place to see a show!  I can't wait to catch that phish 3 night stand at Red Rocks on the reunion tour  :P

Bad news man: IF Phish ever gets back together, they won't be playing at Red Rocks - they've been banned.  But lucky for you, Denver & Englewood aren't too far away!
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

gratephulphish123

Walker done done

Banned in '95 (or was it '96?) for lots of reasons: a riot, all the drug arrests, tour rats looting the store there, the mess and trash all the tour rats left there.  Someone told me they are now allowed back because it's new management, but I haven't confirmed that.

Loop 3 Boomerang+

Phish

Phish will be back in 2010. Just watch

strangedesign

Quote from: \"Phish\"Phish will be back in 2010. Just watch
I bet they are back within the next year. Trey has already said nothing would make him happier then to be back on stage with Phish. He said Mike need to take this entire year off and Page had his tour. Fish has nothing going on. As soon as Trey's treatment is over I bet they all get back together and start jamming with new album and tour to follow...
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

gratephulphish123

it's wishful thinking but, it's about time! someone needs to show umphreys and bisco how real music sounds  :lol:

strangedesign

Quote from: \"gratephulphish123\"it's wishful thinking but, it's about time! someone needs to show umphreys and bisco how real music sounds  :lol:
I agree!  I have never really cared much for bisco though when Phish broke up the 1st time Particle followed by Umphreys have been my favorite bands...
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

gratephulphish123

i'm a moe.ron they shred like the old trey. no dynamic really but, man chuck garvey can play

Erictw83

Banned from Red Rocks!!! That is such a blower man.  BULLSHIT!! Let 'em play!  If thats true I gotta start a petition to let 'em back in.

But yeah, pretty much Trey, mike, paige, and fish have had the summer off.  Paige had his tour but it wasn't really extensive, and mostly done with by late june.  I'd like to think they have been getting together, getting their heads on straight to make a come back.  

Not that Rolling Stone Mag is a reliable source for anything music wise these days, but I read a quote of their's predicting phish would be \"back in 2008, 2010 at the latest\"

gratephulphish123

Quote from: \"Erictw83\"Not that Rolling Stone Mag is a reliable source for anything music wise these days

damn right! trey 73rd best guitarist ever is utter bullshit! :evil:

Stiles12

alright dont know if anyone heard this, maybe someone could correct me if i am wrong. trey recieved a five year probation, due to his lawyer sucking nuts, but if your on probation, i am sure most phish fans no this, you cant leave the state that you are in, that is why he moved to saratoga so he could stay in New York. becuase he also has a place in New york city. so you are saying if they come back they are only going to  do north east shows. HELL YES :D
Guitars- Parker Fly Mojo, McInturff Standard, gibson 446.
effect and amp chain- Ts9 silver (X2), Rmc-3, (To Rack) Groove Tube Trio> BBE Compressor> GCX Audio Switcher> Whammy II> Boomerang> D-Two> Dm-2000> Tc electronics M-one XL> VHT 2:90:2
SPL Transducer