Who's playing did you like better here?

Trey
2 (66.7%)
Kimock
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: September 12, 2007, 09:35:52 PM

gratephulphish123

I really love these shows that trey and page do with phil, but alot of people i talk to it about say they prefer kimocks guitar in these shows to treys. now kimocks cool and all, adding some hot slide lines here and there, but trey's leads imo are fantastic. the only wow moment i get from kimock is stella blue, but trey continuously impressed me with his interpretation of the dead material and played more often, with more intensity, and generally just more passion than kimock

strangedesign

I haven't listened to these shows. I did catch Phil and Friends at Vegoose last year with Trey and it was insane. I do enjoy Steve though and I am sure he sounded great with Phil.

On another note, Steve just purchased a Hard Truckers cab. I had lunch with Glenn from HT and Col Bruce's band this past weekend and he said he liked it so much he used it the rest of the tour.
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

Walker done done

I voted Trey, but really for me it's a toss up - I thought they were both great, and Scott - get your hands on a copy of this show, it's fabulous.  I have it on tape if you can't find it.  Not only was Trey & Steve great, but Page did a helluva job on keys, and sang very well too.  I remember not being able to see these shows and was pretty bummed, but what a magical moment in musical history.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Erictw83

Those were a great run of shows.  I haven't listened to them in awhile however, and I really have to go back and listen to them again before I make a judgement.  And well i guess on that note, I think they both tore it up for those shows.

gratephulphish123

Quote from: \"shakedown_04092\"I voted Trey, but really for me it's a toss up - I thought they were both great, and Scott - get your hands on a copy of this show, it's fabulous.  I have it on tape if you can't find it.  Not only was Trey & Steve great, but Page did a helluva job on keys, and sang very well too.  I remember not being able to see these shows and was pretty bummed, but what a magical moment in musical history.

they're readily available on the archive, and in pretty good quality too  :D

Stiles12

i just voted steve, their are not many people on the planet that can make a jerry esk sound better than kimock, dont get me wrong trey played some sick shit, but since it was a phil show and all dead songs basically i got to give steve some love on this one.
by the way shows are sick but they should have never played prince caspian or chalkdust, or better yet phil the robot singing wish you were here.
Page singing franklins tower, it dosnt get any better than that
Guitars- Parker Fly Mojo, McInturff Standard, gibson 446.
effect and amp chain- Ts9 silver (X2), Rmc-3, (To Rack) Groove Tube Trio> BBE Compressor> GCX Audio Switcher> Whammy II> Boomerang> D-Two> Dm-2000> Tc electronics M-one XL> VHT 2:90:2
SPL Transducer

gratephulphish123

the dwd struck me as the worst phish song all weekend, it was abysmal cause phil cant lay it down like mike

Walker done done

Quote from: \"gratephulphish123\"the dwd struck me as the worst phish song all weekend, it was abysmal cause phil cant lay it down like mike

Abysmal is a little much - I thought it was pretty good - esp. since it's the 1st time Phil's played it live.  It'd be abysmal if we sat in on bass, maybe...but w/ not Phil.  Tough to get uninspired listening to him.  I might have to agree w/ you on DWD being pretty weak, at least in terms of the entire rotation of songs, but even still, it's HOF material in my book.

PS - we need one of those head-banging emoticons like we got over at rukind! :mrgreen:
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.