Main Menu

W

Started by Poster, December 31, 2009, 02:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HunSanity

hahah you are cracking me up poster.. hey can i borrow 10 geand by the way? 

picture_of_nectar

well Poster, before you go all in judging and knocking my character...lets just say I am not an 18 yr old pimpley kid and no i won't be taking the guitar out to open mic night at the bars. sheesh. Guess i forgot to check for your permission before supporting Paul's buisness.

Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

HunSanity

nectar can i borrow 10 grand or come over and try it?  hahahahaha

ill bring a case

HunSanity

and why the same lights as phish!?!?  ahh that annoys me.. just watched that youtube amd it reminded me of that too..  i mean c'mon.. if this band has talent and a cool sound and what not, the why are they biting phishes lights too?  do your own this as much as possible  i dont get it...whatever im over it, just saying.

picture_of_nectar

oh, sorry Poster, no worries man.
No I don't gig yet. I prolly could if I had a band to play with and I had the time to practice about twice as much as I do now. I don't have either at the moment. Someday...I'll prolly start with an acoustic in the coffee shops, and if the band thing happened I'd prolly play my Heritage semi-hollow, or strat or whatever. I wouldn't wanna chance taking the 'Doc outa the house...

You and I are in totally different worlds musically. You being a professional, me being an amateur hobbyist. You right I don't need an expensive guitar...but it's what I chose to invest in, and I enjoy and appreciate them.

My wife reluctantly put's up with my gear obsession. If it wasn't for her I'd just be a deadbeat wook. LOL

HunSanity

Quote from: posternutbag on February 04, 2010, 03:50:09 PM
Quote from: HunSanity on February 04, 2010, 03:47:52 PM
nectar can i borrow 10 grand or come over and try it?  hahahahaha

ill bring a case

Seriously, if this economy was where it was 10 years ago, wed all have one. It would be the next les paul.

so true.  i actuallyi might have to get out of CC debt just to get right back in it with a new guitar amp etc. hahaha

and ditto what you said to nectar. i want trying to knock either.. i was more so referrrng to the "if you made it big time" scinario...i would totally get one and play it naked i would be so excited... hahaha

picture_of_nectar

Quotenectar can i borrow 10 grand or come over and try it?  hahahahaha

as for coming over and trying it, yes of course! i will let all my friends try it, some of them being much better guitarists then me. As for borowing 10g's, sorry but I am gunna be broke for a long time come September.

HunSanity

Quote from: picture_of_nectar on February 04, 2010, 04:02:29 PM
Quotenectar can i borrow 10 grand or come over and try it?  hahahahaha

as for coming over and trying it, yes of course! i will let all my friends try it, some of them being much better guitarists then me. As for borowing 10g's, sorry but I am gunna be broke for a long time come September.

yeah man you might need to take a pic of that thing for us.. or jam a lil on youtube like i did and show it off.   that thing must be ridicuDOC

HunSanity

Quote from: posternutbag on February 04, 2010, 04:15:27 PM
the really big shame, is that if you look youll see just how few players actually give a shit about pursuing the epic tone.

99 percent find something that works and thats it.

and that 99 is the 99 out of 10 million who really dont care at all, or have other motives for their gear purchases, or have no fucking clue what their babbling about.

hell i had some troll lurker on this site corner me at a gig because they were convinced graphite picks were the secret to epic tone, and of course, he knew i got that sponsor to make me custom cannabis graphite picks, and wouldnt leave me alone  ;)

funny you say that i was looking into graphite in my local sam ash (i knew they wouldnt have em) and it was easier to buy a pizza in there then a graphite pick.  haha

any reccomendations?  i just want to try one.. not sure if i would even like.

HunSanity

you will notice your applaud just went from 30 to 31.. hahaha

okay ill get you my address.  that would be sick....and i agree wiht you on "players' not really caring as much as other about their tone.  they are just happy getting a marshall or trying to sound liek slash .. to your point.

what i find even crazier.. there are actually people out there that dont even LIKE the tones we think are sick to begin with.. my dad for example is a sick guitar player, and he likes my tone and all that i mess around with and am ALWAYS tweeking, and has complimented me on it and all.. but its not for him.. he goes with a ton of distortion through like 3 chorous pedals. (eddie vh style sort of) and it sounds SICk and all.  but i try to help him and put him down with a diff sound, esp when he plays rhythm...but he just likes what he likes...and it sounds great and all.. but dude why not just let your son (me) set your stuff up? hahah