Trey's MKIII setup

Started by Walker done done, April 10, 2012, 10:54:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raisingfreen

Quote from: Walker done done on April 11, 2012, 03:25:06 PM
Speaking of EQ...know anywhere I can pick up a MKIII Dual Footswitch (for the EQ/Reverb)?   ???

Walker, you have a dual foot switch already and the cable you would use to hook it up. Look in your rack bag and grab the dual boss FSxx pedal or whatever its called and use the black tip/ring/sleeve cable (TRS Cable?) that is in the bag. That is the cable you would want. I forget what that specific cable is called but one line turns on/off one thing and the other turns on/off the other thing. It looks like a regular guitar cable but has two black lines instead of one on the tip. In any case just hook that sucker up and give it a try. I used it before you had it for the same purpose on another amp.
AO Guitars - Venus Hollow Rim w/Wolftone Dr. Vintage Humbuckers
Signal: Tuner>MXR Dist+>Ross Comp>RV-3>Alesis Nano>Silverface Vibrolux

Walker done done

Quote from: raisingfreen on April 11, 2012, 05:40:10 PM
Quote from: Walker done done on April 11, 2012, 03:25:06 PM
Speaking of EQ...know anywhere I can pick up a MKIII Dual Footswitch (for the EQ/Reverb)?   ???

Walker, you have a dual foot switch already and the cable you would use to hook it up. Look in your rack bag and grab the dual boss FSxx pedal or whatever its called and use the black tip/ring/sleeve cable (TRS Cable?) that is in the bag. That is the cable you would want. I forget what that specific cable is called but one line turns on/off one thing and the other turns on/off the other thing. It looks like a regular guitar cable but has two black lines instead of one on the tip. In any case just hook that sucker up and give it a try. I used it before you had it for the same purpose on another amp.

I had already thought of that but would rather have the orignal if at all possible.  For coolness effect, more than anything  8)
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

raisingfreen

Quote from: Walker done done on April 12, 2012, 02:33:54 PM
For coolness effect, more than anything  8)

The last time I saw that ad on CL (for your amp) it had the foot switches included. Did you not get them? I think they are single function switches however which negates the need for the TRS cable. They have aftermarket ones specifically for boogies all over ebay. Or get the Analogman version which sorta looks like the same one Trey uses. It's just a black box that has two switches and controls two things. Your HotRod Box might even work (with TRS cable) in theory.

I see a ground control in your future with all those gizmos.
AO Guitars - Venus Hollow Rim w/Wolftone Dr. Vintage Humbuckers
Signal: Tuner>MXR Dist+>Ross Comp>RV-3>Alesis Nano>Silverface Vibrolux

IamWILSON

Quote from: raisingfreen on April 12, 2012, 04:24:02 PM

The last time I saw that ad on CL (for your amp) it had the foot switches included. Did you not get them? I think they are single function switches however which negates the need for the TRS cable. They have aftermarket ones specifically for boogies all over ebay. Or get the Analogman version which sorta looks like the same one Trey uses. It's just a black box that has two switches and controls two things. Your HotRod Box might even work (with TRS cable) in theory.

The rhythm1/rhythm2 and Rhythm/lead changers are both single pedals, but the EQ & Reverb on/off switch definitely requires a stereo cable as it controls both functions in the one unit.  Haha, I said "unit."
Guitars: Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AS80, Ibanez AF75, Malden Holly Keyser [SD Jazz (neck), SD '59 (bridge)], Carlo Robelli USH-500HB, Martin DC-1E ('98), and a Peavey Grind 5-string bass.

Effects in chain: Whammy II (dry out to Korg Tuner), RMC6, TS-9 ('82), TS-808 ('81), Ross Compressor, Fulltone SupaTrem, Fulltone DejaVibe2, TC Elec Nova Repeater, Ibanez Digital Modulation Delay III (DML20), Boomerang+, Alesis Microverb I, H&K Rotosphere MkII --> amps.

Amps: Mesa Boogie MkIII Blue Stripe, Egnator Rebel 20 head > Mesa Boogie Road King 2x12 cab, Fender Blues Jr. Humboldt, Marshall VS102R, Fender Champion 600, and Fender Frontman 25R.

Effects currently not in chain: Ross Compressor (MIT), Keeley Compressor (2-knob), Keeley TS-9, and TS-9 ('82).

Happyorange27

Quote from: IamWILSON on April 13, 2012, 03:15:47 AM

The rhythm1/rhythm2 and Rhythm/lead changers are both single pedals, but the EQ & Reverb on/off switch definitely requires a stereo cable as it controls both functions in the one unit.  Haha, I said "unit."
Wilson you are a funny member of this forum.  Ha ha, I said "member".
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

Walker done done

Quote from: Happyorange27 on April 13, 2012, 07:39:06 AM
Quote from: IamWILSON on April 13, 2012, 03:15:47 AM

Wilson you are a funny member of this forum.  Ha ha, I said "member".

Happy, that last post was the tits.  Hahaha...I said "happy"  :D
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

manicstarseed

Last three postes summed up....

happy member unit
Unit Happy Member!
Guitar>GCB-95 Wah>Qtron+>Vibe Machine>TS9> Booty Queue Retro Comp>Phase 90-script >Express 25 - FX loop> Nova Repeater>Nova Reverb>Boss- RC-20XL>Amp Return.

Guitars: 1976 Gibson Les Paul (w/ SD Pearly Gates).
Schecter C1-E/A Semi-hollow with '76 Gibson Stock Pickups + MIDI
Fender Stratocaster + MIDI
Synthesizer->GR-55
Sideboard-> Boss SD-1, and OC-3 , MXR 10-band EQ

Amps: Mesa Nomad 55, Express 25 (both 1x12 combos) and Fender Frontman25R w/ 10" Eminence Rajin Cajun speaker

Heady Jam Fan

Quote from: manicstarseed on April 13, 2012, 01:31:01 PM
Last three postes summed up....

happy member unit
Unit Happy Member!

Certainly not to overlook the Happy Unit Member
Headless Hollowbody > Mesa Boogie MK III > TRM Trucker 212 w/ V30's
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9