Main Menu

Vibe

Started by cactuskeeb, January 16, 2008, 12:41:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactuskeeb

I don't know the status on his production but since he got sick (and has since died)
I haven't been able to get anything from bob sweet.  It just stuck me that you might be getting this off ebay, and more power to you in that respect.  However, if I were in your position, I would look at the recently released, fulltone mdv-2.

raisingfreen

Hey Cactus, just so you know Barb at Sweet Sound is accepting orders and will send a paypal request. I just emailed her and told here what I wanted and she sent me the request. Will let you know how the delivery and sound is. I just felt better helping her out and I get what I need. That guy made some cool stuff. We should start a post and see who else has used his stuff. Would be good to get some real use reports on the various pedals he made. Sounds like she is looking for another builder to help her. Maybe someone on here can help.
AO Guitars - Venus Hollow Rim w/Wolftone Dr. Vintage Humbuckers
Signal: Tuner>MXR Dist+>Ross Comp>RV-3>Alesis Nano>Silverface Vibrolux

cactuskeeb

I'm telling you dude, don't get the Mofaux vibe--tell Barb you changed your mind--the fulltone mdv-2 is where it's (or, will be) at. 

raisingfreen

cactus,
Thanks for the solid advice. I do appreciate it. I could always sell it on ebay if I really don't like it. I tend to use effects at very low settings, noticeable but not overpowering. The samples I heard are what made me choose, that plus the overly simple operation. If I hate it I will look at what you suggested. Are they in stores yet?

BTW this is really the only effect I would even really use from time to time as my setup is severally simple.

82 Ibanez Musician MC150 Mahogany>TU-2>TS9>Dynacomp>RV-3>Deluxe Reverb. I like phasers and such but just want something a little mellow to ad some flavor. Like a subtle vibratone where you can barely hear it.

Or ideally my favorite tone (which has probably been discussed to death already) is Treys GBOTT grinding solo tone. I don't even have a solid guess for that one, other than the leslie with something. By chance if you know that one and feel like sharing it it would be much appreciated.
AO Guitars - Venus Hollow Rim w/Wolftone Dr. Vintage Humbuckers
Signal: Tuner>MXR Dist+>Ross Comp>RV-3>Alesis Nano>Silverface Vibrolux

cactuskeeb

Sorry to drudge up this topic once again, but I need to rescind my recommendation to get the fulltone mdv-2.  Contrary to my (then) uninformed ravings--completely unjustified, as usual--this vibe is a piece of junk.  They are ALL pieces of junk--sweetsound, fulltone, megavibe (honestly, with this last one, one has to ask oneself, 'can a retard make a uni-vibe', no unless it is corky and this guy ain't him). 

Happyorange27

I've got my eye on vibes. This one sounds amazing. The Sixties Vibe by MJM.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRkcs49WdB4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

This or maybe a Sweet Mojo Vibe.

A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

picture_of_nectar

I have a sweetsound mofaux vibe I'd sell. Just not using it. Lemme know.
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

the_great_lemon

Quote from: picture_of_nectar on December 15, 2011, 10:20:31 PM

Do you find that your MXR Script Phase 90 covers all of your thick juicy modulation cravings?
Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Traditional, 1992 Gibson SG Standard
Effects: Boss OC-2 Octave -> Garmopatmods Vox V847 -> Mojo Vibe -> Boss Blues Driver -> Mad Professor Sweet Honey OD -> Ross Compressor -> Boss GE-7 -> MXR Carbon Copy -> TC Ditto Looper
Amps: Fender Blues Jr. NOS, Epiphone Valve Jr.

fulltone1989

Just ordered a Lovepedal Magic Boy Vibe off the GC used section, wish I saw your post first...
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

Happyorange27

Quote from: tomasmaclennan on December 16, 2011, 02:42:54 PM
Just ordered a Lovepedal Magic Boy Vibe off the GC used section, wish I saw your post first...
Oh that sounds cool too.

Not sure if I'm going to settle for an almost Uni-vibe or a true clone.  Seems like I'd have to spend at least $200 for a good clone.
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

fulltone1989

Quote from: Happyorange27 on December 16, 2011, 02:49:53 PM
Quote from: tomasmaclennan on December 16, 2011, 02:42:54 PM
Oh that sounds cool too.

Not sure if I'm going to settle for an almost Uni-vibe or a true clone.  Seems like I'd have to spend at least $200 for a good clone.

You may be interested in possibly a used deja vibe, they're pretty cheap nowadays.
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

IamWILSON

I really like my Deja Vibe 2.  It's the older one and it's built like a tank.  What I like about it is I can have it be really prominent in my tone, or it can be dialed back so that it's barely noticeable, yet has a cool shimmery effect on my tone.

Guitars: Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AS80, Ibanez AF75, Malden Holly Keyser [SD Jazz (neck), SD '59 (bridge)], Carlo Robelli USH-500HB, Martin DC-1E ('98), and a Peavey Grind 5-string bass.

Effects in chain: Whammy II (dry out to Korg Tuner), RMC6, TS-9 ('82), TS-808 ('81), Ross Compressor, Fulltone SupaTrem, Fulltone DejaVibe2, TC Elec Nova Repeater, Ibanez Digital Modulation Delay III (DML20), Boomerang+, Alesis Microverb I, H&K Rotosphere MkII --> amps.

Amps: Mesa Boogie MkIII Blue Stripe, Egnator Rebel 20 head > Mesa Boogie Road King 2x12 cab, Fender Blues Jr. Humboldt, Marshall VS102R, Fender Champion 600, and Fender Frontman 25R.

Effects currently not in chain: Ross Compressor (MIT), Keeley Compressor (2-knob), Keeley TS-9, and TS-9 ('82).

picture_of_nectar

Quote from: the_great_lemon on December 15, 2011, 10:37:36 PM
Quote from: picture_of_nectar on December 15, 2011, 10:20:31 PM

Do you find that your MXR Script Phase 90 covers all of your thick juicy modulation cravings?

yup, pretty much
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

Happyorange27

Check out the Haze vibe by Wilson Effects. I'm about to buy it I think.

manicstarseed

Quote from: Happyorange27 on December 18, 2011, 03:42:28 PM
Check out the Haze vibe by Wilson Effects. I'm about to buy it I think.

Very nice effect.. seems a little balanced to lower frequencies..... seems pretty musical
Guitar>GCB-95 Wah>Qtron+>Vibe Machine>TS9> Booty Queue Retro Comp>Phase 90-script >Express 25 - FX loop> Nova Repeater>Nova Reverb>Boss- RC-20XL>Amp Return.

Guitars: 1976 Gibson Les Paul (w/ SD Pearly Gates).
Schecter C1-E/A Semi-hollow with '76 Gibson Stock Pickups + MIDI
Fender Stratocaster + MIDI
Synthesizer->GR-55
Sideboard-> Boss SD-1, and OC-3 , MXR 10-band EQ

Amps: Mesa Nomad 55, Express 25 (both 1x12 combos) and Fender Frontman25R w/ 10" Eminence Rajin Cajun speaker