Main Menu

The Fair

Started by phishlips, August 19, 2011, 03:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phishlips

Hey guys, played the fair last week and someone posted some vids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmHhc4XLFns&feature=related
G&L ASAT lately into- RMC3, modded ts7, modded ts9, ibanez delay, ross compressor, boss tuner, fender super.  lots of other stuff but thats the meat and potatoes.

fulltone1989

Quote from: phishlips on August 19, 2011, 03:43:56 PM
Hey guys, played the fair last week and someone posted some vids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmHhc4XLFns&feature=related

How do you like your super? I'm thinking about a Soniccord Toad and I heard it was a Super Clone.
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

phishlips

welp, there's a reason its called a Super.  It's a great amp, a little bulky to lug around but worth the effort.  I defiantly like it over a Deluxe Reverb and the Blues Jr., although they are both good amps I still prefer the super.  I've run the numbers on mine and it came up as like a '68 or a '69 but I don't think that's accurate, I think it's early '70's.  I don't really care, it sounds great.
G&L ASAT lately into- RMC3, modded ts7, modded ts9, ibanez delay, ross compressor, boss tuner, fender super.  lots of other stuff but thats the meat and potatoes.

fulltone1989

Quote from: phishlips on August 20, 2011, 01:15:58 PM
welp, there's a reason its called a Super.  It's a great amp, a little bulky to lug around but worth the effort.  I defiantly like it over a Deluxe Reverb and the Blues Jr., although they are both good amps I still prefer the super.  I've run the numbers on mine and it came up as like a '68 or a '69 but I don't think that's accurate, I think it's early '70's.  I don't really care, it sounds great.

Awesome, thanks for your input. Back to your vids though, killer! I dug a little deeper and I checked out the Band cover, and you guys definitely nailed it. Digging the sound of your guitar too!
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

Happyorange27

Hey Phishlips, nice playin up there man!  Also I think your voice sounds like Mick Jagger.
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

phishlips