Main Menu

GCB 95

Started by Stiles12, August 09, 2007, 02:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stiles12

first of all there is no possible way that treys wah is a stando GCB 95. it may have been at one point and i am not saying its a teese wah either, but he has definitly done some strong mods to that thing. a standard GCB 95 can not get those types of tones alone. any thoughts or scott does brian know what mods he did other than true bypass cuase thats kinda a givin? interested to know.

I know in the \"post your rig\" section someone is playing a vox wah and someone from the looks of it is playing a RMC3, i am in the market for a new wah and i dont know if i should get some keeley stuff or go with the RMC or fulltone, so many choices, any suggetions or comments?
Guitars- Parker Fly Mojo, McInturff Standard, gibson 446.
effect and amp chain- Ts9 silver (X2), Rmc-3, (To Rack) Groove Tube Trio> BBE Compressor> GCX Audio Switcher> Whammy II> Boomerang> D-Two> Dm-2000> Tc electronics M-one XL> VHT 2:90:2
SPL Transducer

strangedesign

Quote from: \"Stiles12\"first of all there is no possible way that treys wah is a stando GCB 95. it may have been at one point and i am not saying its a teese wah either, but he has definitly done some strong mods to that thing. a standard GCB 95 can not get those types of tones alone. any thoughts or scott does brian know what mods he did other than true bypass cuase thats kinda a givin? interested to know.

I know in the \"post your rig\" section someone is playing a vox wah and someone from the looks of it is playing a RMC3, i am in the market for a new wah and i dont know if i should get some keeley stuff or go with the RMC or fulltone, so many choices, any suggetions or comments?
Brian insists it is a GCB 95. Glenn from HT and myself both went out and bought a Tease wha because that's what everyone, including analogman had said he was using. When Glenn got in his wha he asked Brian what settings he uses. He told Glenn he had no idea what he was talking about. He had never heard of a Tease Wha. I will see if I can find out if he made any mods to it...
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

Stiles12

yeah if you look on the RMC website at artists treys name is on that list. i think he has to use some type of differnt componets in that thing it just sounds so good. HAve you guys ever used a stock GCB 95. it sounds like a it is coming from a metal can, not to mention its the cheapest wah in the line up, it is just impossible.
I think regardless i am going to get an rmc, maybe a full tone mccoy they look like shit but all  the sound demos seem more full than the teese wahs, any comments?
Guitars- Parker Fly Mojo, McInturff Standard, gibson 446.
effect and amp chain- Ts9 silver (X2), Rmc-3, (To Rack) Groove Tube Trio> BBE Compressor> GCX Audio Switcher> Whammy II> Boomerang> D-Two> Dm-2000> Tc electronics M-one XL> VHT 2:90:2
SPL Transducer