Trey's Leslie 1996-2000

Started by Brian27, December 26, 2008, 05:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian27

I am sure all of you recognize the huge Leslie Cabinet trey uses now but at one time he was using a small Black device that had a spinning horn in it and then another small leslie on top of his rack. Was the black one a Motion Sound? What was the other one?

Poster

*points to cactuskeebs post below

Brian27

i got a Boss RT20 and its about as close as it gets. Even the Univibe sounds amazing

cactuskeeb

Quote from: Brian27 on December 26, 2008, 05:34:36 PM
I am sure all of you recognize the huge Leslie Cabinet trey uses now but at one time he was using a small Black device that had a spinning horn in it and then another small leslie on top of his rack. Was the black one a Motion Sound? What was the other one?

No, it's not a motion sound.  Here's what Geoff Professional said when I originally asked about the two (yes, there were two different ones, before the real leslie) boxes on top of Trey's effects rack:

"We used the top of a Leslie 900 and reconfigured the switching etc. [...]  we used a 117 volt a/c relay to toggle between fast and slow motor and
wired a 1/4 inch to the compression driver [...] The 900 top has a compression driver. Wire it for 1/4 inch jack
capability. Get an a/c relay and footswitch for the switching of the
motor stack.  You will need a tech to wire the footswitch. I can help
them if they don't understand what I'm talking about."