Ike Stubblefield with Grant Green, Jr. and Jeff Sipe

Started by strangedesign, December 20, 2007, 02:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strangedesign

Has anyone seen this trio? I'm driving over to Atlanta for a Christmas party and this is the band they booked. I've actually met Ike this past summer, when he played with Col Bruce, thanks to Glenn! I have also seen Jeff with Trey quite a few times but I haven't ever seen Grant and never seen the three together.
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

strangedesign

Wow! That's all I can say. If any of you have a chance to see these guys, do it...

We had a blast! Glenn met up with us early in the evening at out hotel and we shot the shit for a while. The party was next door at The Loft in ATL. This was a really sweet venue, really small and very intimate. The band came on around 10:00 and played until 2:00. Glenn had been out the previous night with Grant and Ike. After the show Glenn took me back stage and introduced me to the band. I was luckily enough to get to spend a good bit of time with both Grant and Jeff. Jeff, by the way, is one of the best drummers I have ever seen. If you have the slightest chance to catch Jeff, definitely do it. In attendance was Sam Holt and Eli, Out411's sound guy. Sam hung out with us most of the night and as always had some great stories from the road. Eli had to take off early to go to a Setformation gathering at the Fox Bro's. I introduced Sam and Glenn and hopefully before long the Hard Truckers will have one more celeb playing a HT cab! Overall this was an incredibly awesome night and I am so thankful I was able to witness such an incredible trio in such an intimate setting. To top it all off, I go tot do it with the best bunch of friends in the world.
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

Poster

Quote from: \"strangedesign\"Wow! That's all I can say. If any of you have a chance to see these guys, do it...

We had a blast! Glenn met up with us early in the evening at out hotel and we shot the shit for a while. The party was next door at The Loft in ATL. This was a really sweet venue, really small and very intimate. The band came on around 10:00 and played until 2:00. Glenn had been out the previous night with Grant and Ike. After the show Glenn took me back stage and introduced me to the band. I was luckily enough to get to spend a good bit of time with both Grant and Jeff. Jeff, by the way, is one of the best drummers I have ever seen. If you have the slightest chance to catch Jeff, definitely do it. In attendance was Sam Holt and Eli, Out411's sound guy. Sam hung out with us most of the night and as always had some great stories from the road. Eli had to take off early to go to a Setformation gathering at the Fox Bro's. I introduced Sam and Glenn and hopefully before long the Hard Truckers will have one more celeb playing a HT cab! Overall this was an incredibly awesome night and I am so thankful I was able to witness such an incredible trio in such an intimate setting. To top it all off, I go tot do it with the best bunch of friends in the world.

sounds like you had a blast dude ;0)