Fender power issues

Started by Stecks, June 26, 2013, 12:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stecks

Hey y'all.   Been awhile.  Big ups to my boys on here, welcome to everyone new.

Anyway, have an issue with my 71 twin.  Won't power OFF.  Any thoughts?
Schecter C1 Classic - Takamine EG334BC acoustic/electric.  Tuner>volume>VOX wah>TS9> Morley ABY selector/split/combiner, PathA:CS9>BF2>DigiDelay, PathB:envelope filter>AD9, 1971 Fender Twin (slightly modded) amplifier

"Remember:  information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is THE BEST." - FZ

Heady Jam Fan

Hmm, I wonder about a short either in the power switch or with the two wires (I suspect) it connects when switched to on.

I have to say, thats definitely one of the better "problems" you can have with an amp! Definitely beats the opposite option. At least you can power up / down with a surge protector switch or just pulling the jack out of the wall.

Unless your decent with a soldering iron, I think you tech could fix that pretty easily. Probably mostly paying for bench time (read: pulling the chasis out of the cabinet and putting it back in after fixing the short / replacing the power switch).
Headless Hollowbody > Mesa Boogie MK III > TRM Trucker 212 w/ V30's
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9

Stecks

Yeah, definitely better than the converse problem.  The standby still works which is clutch.  But I'd like to have it fixed. 
Schecter C1 Classic - Takamine EG334BC acoustic/electric.  Tuner>volume>VOX wah>TS9> Morley ABY selector/split/combiner, PathA:CS9>BF2>DigiDelay, PathB:envelope filter>AD9, 1971 Fender Twin (slightly modded) amplifier

"Remember:  information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is THE BEST." - FZ