I love my Twin Tube Classic!

Started by Happyorange27, March 24, 2011, 08:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happyorange27

I had one of those moments just now. Before I had this high gain tube amp I just used the Twin Tube Classic pedal to do all my preamplifier work through solid state speakers. It was good actually. I didn't need screamers because I have bypass, rhythm and lead channels. By the way it's so pure because it's real tube run at high plate voltage.
So lately I've just kept it on clean rhythm channel for warmth and let it be while commanding the screamers to do all the gain work. Fine and dandy right?
So tonight I had to play head phones thus skipping the tube amp which prevents me from normally turning up my gain on this unit cuz it's got so much balls and clips my signal to shit:o
And I start working that bitch like in the good old days and she puts out for real. The proof is in the harmonics when you pinch a note with your thumb. It's so good I'm telling you.
I'm seriously considering fixing my amp gain issue ( in process of trying lower gain preamplifier tubes) and using this as my main girl.
Best part is you just tap a button once to go to any of the three settings. I'm just on a high from it.

Also I made my rig sound univibish by altering some yaya settings on my digitech.

I love playing guitar mo fo's!!! 8)
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

fulltone1989

Good to hear you fell back in love with some gear! I had a similar situation with a Les Paul from high school. I got some insurance money so I got a set of WCR fillmore p/u's and had those installed. Had surgery again and forgot all about how it sounded and when I got my ES-339 that was it as far as guitars for me.

Anyways, a few weeks ago I was plucking away on the 339 and decided to try out the LP again for some tonal differences. HOLY SHIIT. It was like Live at the Fillmore in my basement. I was in love again with my oldest piece of gear who I had forgotten about.
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.