NPD- TC Electronics Nova Repeater

Started by fulltone1989, July 18, 2011, 05:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulltone1989

Quote from: sour d on July 20, 2011, 02:10:44 PM
Does anybody know what Trey is using the repeater for? Or what settings he's using?

True words Forbin, I also ran buffered bypass when I owned mine. Kills two birds with one stone, kind of.

I'd also like to know this about Trey's repeater...
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

IamWILSON

Quote from: tomasmaclennan on August 01, 2011, 04:10:05 PM
Does anybody know what Trey is using the repeater for? Or what settings he's using?

True words Forbin, I also ran buffered bypass when I owned mine. Kills two birds with one stone, kind of.

My guess is that he uses it for delay.  That's my smart ass response!

I would think he uses it for the siren effect, especially since it's situatied right in front of his boomerang, however I am struggling to remember if he ever even does that anymore.  This is because I don't listen to newer phish as actively and obsessively as I do the older phish.
Guitars: Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AS80, Ibanez AF75, Malden Holly Keyser [SD Jazz (neck), SD '59 (bridge)], Carlo Robelli USH-500HB, Martin DC-1E ('98), and a Peavey Grind 5-string bass.

Effects in chain: Whammy II (dry out to Korg Tuner), RMC6, TS-9 ('82), TS-808 ('81), Ross Compressor, Fulltone SupaTrem, Fulltone DejaVibe2, TC Elec Nova Repeater, Ibanez Digital Modulation Delay III (DML20), Boomerang+, Alesis Microverb I, H&K Rotosphere MkII --> amps.

Amps: Mesa Boogie MkIII Blue Stripe, Egnator Rebel 20 head > Mesa Boogie Road King 2x12 cab, Fender Blues Jr. Humboldt, Marshall VS102R, Fender Champion 600, and Fender Frontman 25R.

Effects currently not in chain: Ross Compressor (MIT), Keeley Compressor (2-knob), Keeley TS-9, and TS-9 ('82).

fulltone1989

Quote from: IamWILSON on August 01, 2011, 08:51:04 PM
Quote from: tomasmaclennan on August 01, 2011, 04:10:05 PM

My guess is that he uses it for delay.  That's my smart ass response!

I would think he uses it for the siren effect, especially since it's situatied right in front of his boomerang, however I am struggling to remember if he ever even does that anymore.  This is because I don't listen to newer phish as actively and obsessively as I do the older phish.

Sadly, there hasn't ben any funk siren? I don't know why I would think all Terry has to do is set the feedback longer so he can set the Boomerang to a repeat of his funk bomb (I think) Its got something to do with his current floor setup. There was an article about Phish's gear and how there's no funk siren now.  >:(

http://www.proaudiostar.com/phish
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs

raisingfreen

The settings that I read after zooming in are (flip image upside down as well):
Delay: 5 oclock > Feedback: 11 oclock > Tone: 12noon > Modulation: full Vibrato > FX Level: 11 oclock
Also set in studio delay mode with the first division marker.

My guess is to capture a vibrato type sample that either fast or slow (depending on the tap tempo) and then wait till it matches up and loop it.
Somebody try this with these settings and report back as I don't have one.

AO Guitars - Venus Hollow Rim w/Wolftone Dr. Vintage Humbuckers
Signal: Tuner>MXR Dist+>Ross Comp>RV-3>Alesis Nano>Silverface Vibrolux

fulltone1989

Quote from: raisingfreen on October 02, 2011, 09:42:57 PM
The settings that I read after zooming in are (flip image upside down as well):
Delay: 5 oclock > Feedback: 11 oclock > Tone: 12noon > Modulation: full Vibrato > FX Level: 11 oclock
Also set in studio delay mode with the first division marker.

My guess is to capture a vibrato type sample that either fast or slow (depending on the tap tempo) and then wait till it matches up and loop it.
Somebody try this with these settings and report back as I don't have one.

Will report on this tomorrow, sounds very intriguing. Although isn't there a Vibrato or Tremolo unit in his rack?

Happyorange27

Check out 2:27 on video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nftFBHO3bUU for a sample of this setting.  I'm not sure I'm familiar with hearing this full vibrato from Trey.
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

manicstarseed

Quote from: Happyorange27 on October 04, 2011, 07:36:39 AM
... I'm not sure I'm familiar with hearing this full vibrato from Trey....
Agreed. One thing to note is that the delay time really affects the  useability of the extreme setting of the vibrato modulation. Keep in mind that the photo can't really define the delay time because tap tempo is a possibility. I  experimented with this a little last night and found some really nice smooth sounds with moderately fast tempo up to about 450 ms. Long sustained notes get this nice tasteful  vibrato, this works with slow  legato passages too.
Guitar>GCB-95 Wah>Qtron+>Vibe Machine>TS9> Booty Queue Retro Comp>Phase 90-script >Express 25 - FX loop> Nova Repeater>Nova Reverb>Boss- RC-20XL>Amp Return.

Guitars: 1976 Gibson Les Paul (w/ SD Pearly Gates).
Schecter C1-E/A Semi-hollow with '76 Gibson Stock Pickups + MIDI
Fender Stratocaster + MIDI
Synthesizer->GR-55
Sideboard-> Boss SD-1, and OC-3 , MXR 10-band EQ

Amps: Mesa Nomad 55, Express 25 (both 1x12 combos) and Fender Frontman25R w/ 10" Eminence Rajin Cajun speaker