Eventide Pitchfactor

Started by fulltone1989, July 13, 2011, 01:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulltone1989

These things seem so damn cool. If it can do the whale call and funk siren stuff the Whammy can do, I may sell my II and get this. Anybody played/own one?
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

jadirusso

wow I just watched a youtube vid about that thing and it does seem pretty cool. it can even track chords when pitch shifting.
Joe

current rig: AO Guitars Koa Venus Hollow-Rim->Q-tron->RMC2->Fulltone OCD->TS-9->TS-9 silver->Ross Compressor->Whammy II->Nova Repeater->Boomerang+->Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb RI

Other guitars: Gibson Les Paul Double Cut, Fender Strat, Ibanez AS-80, Carvin AE-185
Other amps: Fender Twin Reverb reissue, Mesa Boogie Mark III head

Poster

no it cant do the whale call. that comes from the chip in the WH 2 and it clipping from being overdriven in conjunction with a wha pedal / ts9. you could certainly do all the pitch bends with the expression pedal in, or setting to auto bend with the buttons. Just kinda huge footprint to do what a good ole whammy 2 will do anyway

fulltone1989

Quote from: jadirusso on July 13, 2011, 02:30:42 PM
wow I just watched a youtube vid about that thing and it does seem pretty cool. it can even track chords when pitch shifting.

It's so damn cool. Did you check out the synth mode on it? Reminds me of Mike's Moog sound in a weird way. It also does a -1oct with a fuzz tone.

Quote from: Ole' Whiskey Calhoone on July 13, 2011, 02:42:15 PM
no it cant do the whale call. that comes from the chip in the WH 2 and it clipping from being overdriven in conjunction with a wha pedal / ts9. you could certainly do all the pitch bends with the expression pedal in, or setting to auto bend with the buttons. Just kinda huge footprint to do what a good ole whammy 2 will do anyway

It does synth tones, backwards effects, and has a 1.5 second delay built into it with tap. It does take up a decent amount of space with the exp pedal and all, but the Whammy also takes up a good amount of space and has tracking issues. The space seems justified in my eyes. I was under the impression that a TS + 2nd down = Whale call? No?
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs

fulltone1989

Quote from: Ole' Whiskey Calhoone on July 13, 2011, 05:16:35 PM
no, whale call is -1 down, with OD, and wah pedal. WH 2 freaking out is what makes the cool sounds. IE the shitty tracking when clipping. If you use a clean octaver, like say an octron, it doesnt sound anything like it. same goes with the eventide, its octave down settings are pristine. so they sound nothing alike.

The Whale Call is 2nd down, you're thinking of the psychedelic mud tone, think "free" from Live in Brooklyn.

Dory will show you.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yARiHkAx7v4

Poster

if you go online alot of people hate these things. checkout the reviews for yourself... I have tried a couple eventide products and always been disappointed. It similar to a game that gets released before beta testing is completed... Lots of glitches. 

fulltone1989

Quote from: Ole' Whiskey Calhoone on July 19, 2011, 01:47:50 PM
if you go online alot of people hate these things. checkout the reviews for yourself... I have tried a couple eventide products and always been disappointed. It similar to a game that gets released before beta testing is completed... Lots of glitches. 

Very true, people say it just doesn't add up to Eventide's Rack units from back in the day.