Main Menu

Bi-CompROSSer

Started by Walker done done, November 01, 2007, 04:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walker done done

Just ordered one after having been on the waiting list for more than a year.  Will let y'all know what I think when it gets here.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Walker done done

Cool, thanks for the headies up  :wink:

So far everything I've gotten from him (silver mod TS9 & TS808) I've been very satisfied - make that gushing - with.  Now I do have a good friend, IMO the best guitarist in Portland, maybe even Maine for that matter - that got an Orange Squeeze from him a few years back and he was mildly/evenly satisfied with it, used it in his chain for a couple years, and took it out about a year ago, maybe less.  His main complaints were that his didn't have the attack on the outside (which mine does) and that just sucks, because you defintely need to be able to adjust that on the fly,and he said eventually he just didn't like how it sounded.  It's $269 w/ shipping, so not much more than the one you mentioned.  So we'll see.

I've heard a lot of positive reviews on this pedal, and got myself on the waiting so long ago that I just figured \"fuck it\", might as well get it, I've been waiting so long.

PS - thank you! for the wah pedal mod guy....gonna get on that as soon as I get back in town!
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

strangedesign

I bought one of the satndard comprossos's. I have no complaints. I do like to be able to adjust the attack.

All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

Walker done done

Sweet!  Glad to hear it.  Here's the Bi-compROSSer:

Loop 3 Boomerang+

Walker done done

Sooooo....after playing w/ the Bicomp for 3 weeks now, I have decided to send it back to Mike in exchange for the Orange Squeeze and a $100 refund.  I am taking that $100 and headed out in a minute to buy the Keeley 4 knob comp.  I tested it out 2 weeks ago and was VERY impressed with it - super quiet and great tone.  I like the Bicomp, but I am not too thrilled with the popping I am getting from both sides, and it is also a lot noiser than I thought it would be.  So this exchange looks like it'll give me the best of both worlds, except in 2 seperate stomp boxes rather than nicely combined unit.  Oh well. :roll:

Loop 3 Boomerang+

Walker done done

Yep - already got the Keeley, but I knew I was gonna like it since I demoed it a couple weeks back.  I do love this pedal, though I'll have to try out the Barge if/when you're up here for sure.  The Keeley is also dead silent, and has everything on the outside making it easier to adjust.  It doesn't have a bass adj., but it does have volume, attack, trim, and sustain, and that seems to be enough for me.  Also has a cool blue LED, sorta like the one from Garmopat, except it's recessed in a casing, making it look pretty cool.  You don't see too many blue LED's on pedals, and now I've got 2.  Not that it really matters, it's just asthetics afterall.  But after playing the OS on the Bicomp, I know I'll be happy with that pedal as well, so looks like everything's turning out ok for now.  I will be posting all new pics of my rig once the hollowbody gets here.

Loop 3 Boomerang+

Walker done done

Damn, in a way I wish I had known, because I just bought that Keeley comp, the Analogman OS, and got the Emma DiscomBOBulator a week and a half ago (from musictoyz, in fact, which is 10 minutes from my house in West Falmouth!).  But I think I am done for the present time....like you said, money's tight - especially when you don't have a job!  Should have one soon though, so not real worried there.  The only other thing I want right now is a Phaser, but I'm in no hurry.

Other things on my list (eventually):

- Phaser (not sure which kind yet)
- Boomerang
- maybe a DM2000
- rack mount tuner
- HT speaker cab
- new amp (not sure what yet)
- maybe an expression pedal too
- also maybe that Octron you've mentioned...would love to try it out

Loop 3 Boomerang+