Main Menu

wah pedals

Started by lumpy, December 06, 2007, 10:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumpy

what do you guys use for wah? not like an envelope or autowah ( i got a q tron +) just the normal wah? i have a crybaby but it sounds like shit. and all the screws fell out so its being held together with duck tape. ive heard good things about morleys, but im really not sure.

also do you know of any that have like aspring loaded treadle or anything? i'd like having that resistance i think it would be easier to control.

danke!
can you still have fun?

lumpy

hahahaha thanks dude
AND WITH YOU!

and thanks for the info. is there a certain vox one you reccomend?
can you still have fun?

strangedesign

I have an original cry baby that I used through college and now I am running the RMC3
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

Walker done done

Quote from: \"lumpy\"hahahaha thanks dude
AND WITH YOU!

and thanks for the info. is there a certain vox one you reccomend?

The V847, though I think they stopped making them and are now making the V847A, which you DO NOT want.  Email Gary @ Garmopatmods and ask him - I think he may still have a V847 that's already modded that you can purchase.

http://www.garmopatmods.com/wahs.html#Wah%20Mod%20Options
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Stiles12

If you have the money, you should look into the real mccoy stuff. no one really knows if thats what trey is using, but i like his stuff a lot. pricey but it wont disapoint you. I have an rmc2 that i got and its fuz friendly, which helps a lot if you are using any type of overdrive-esk pedals (ts9's fulltone 69's 70's, muffs, drivers, any of that shit). I got the two over the three becuase you dont have to open the wah to tune it up the way you want it. (though i heard when you get the three up and going with the right presets, its about the best wah out their) The guy who owns the studio that we jam in, has the red wah, i think the wah of fire, sounds real nice too, never played a gamopat but everyone around heere seems to swear by them. reviews sound good too, but i am not going to leave my Rmc for a while.

I also had the GCB-95, thing sucks balls unless you get some serious mods done to it. I sent mine to Robert Keeley, and he made it sound really good. I had it switched to true bypass, had the pot changed, the light added, he took the volume jump out, and changed the actual range of which the wah wah's so it wasnt dead in the heel down position and wasn't giving me a british like twang in the toe down position. cost me like 100+ to get it done. thing is gone now, got destroyed in a flood. but just throwing out another review for ya
good luck
Guitars- Parker Fly Mojo, McInturff Standard, gibson 446.
effect and amp chain- Ts9 silver (X2), Rmc-3, (To Rack) Groove Tube Trio> BBE Compressor> GCX Audio Switcher> Whammy II> Boomerang> D-Two> Dm-2000> Tc electronics M-one XL> VHT 2:90:2
SPL Transducer

Walker done done

Gotta agree here w/ posternutbag here Stiles, Gary's wah will do anything you want it to.  With it, I've already taken a trip to Venus and banged all the alien whores on that planet, and I'm cooking a burrito in it right now as we speak.  :lol:  Thing is amazing!

But it seriously is the best wah I've ever heard, and you can probably spend weeks dialing it in.  Trey does use a GCB-95, check the thread here: http://forums.strangedesign.org/viewtopic.php?t=553.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.