Trey's KOA Hard Truckers Sister Cab

Started by strangedesign, June 06, 2007, 08:15:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poster

iam not that huge into phasers but i must say that the boss super phaser is a great little unit. very tweakable and easy to get modded with true bypass. maybe try one of those before you splurge on another small stone?? oh and i forgot to mention that the Octron octave pedal has three adjustable pots inside that lets you totally tweak the sound to your liking, very cool feature for an octave down pedal IMO

strangedesign

hmmm, I might have to check out the Octron octave.
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

Poster

so dude are you coming up to record with me and walker done done? i havent heard from him a couple of days, but my plans for a studio are going ahead full steam. i just bought a newer car for the move yesterday (and something is already wrong with the heater! :( ) anyway, i can see our three heads together resulting in some pretty mind altering auditory phenomenon.

ps. what do you think about my new backup axe? i paid 425 for it and its mint! 8)

pss. if you think about it, there are no three other dudes in the world that have as many common musical tastes as we do. it would be foolish not acknowledge that and use it to our advantage! hell you would have so much more fun running promotions, and managing recording projects, than traveling 247 and never jamming

strangedesign

I would love to come up and record. I agree we are among the few that haveing teh same taste in music. Where exaclty do you live? I come up to Manhattan every couple of months to visit a friend of mine.

That was a steal on the new axe!

www.strangedesign.org

Walker done done

Quote from: \"strangedesign\"Where exaclty do you live?

Hopefully in Maine in another month!!!   :wink:

And yes, insanity would ensue if you came up. 8)
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Poster

8)  :lol:  :twisted:  :P  :shock:  :x  :evil:  :?:  :roll:  :oops:  :P  :lol:

strangedesign

So, has anyone checked out Pedal-Racks, Cusotm Pedalboard Systems at http://www.pedalboards.com/?

I found these guys about a year ago. They build some of the best pedalboards I have seen. They can build in as many true bypass loops as you need, all the latching switches you might need, custom A/B siwtches, onboard power for all effects, and it's all built into a custom anvil road case. I drew out a diagram of what I wanted and they gave me a qoute of $600 to $700. I thought was fair price but back then some other things came up and I wasn't able to have it built. Yesterday I updated my drawing and sent it back to Tom for another qoute and now it has gone up to $1,800. I talked to Tom today and he said he remebered this layout. He said the reason it's so expensive now is that all the parts have skyrocketed. That really sux! I would have paid $800 or even up to $1,000 but $1,800 is just too much. Here is the board I designed.

http://www.strangedesign.org/rigs/myrig/PedalBoardLayout.pdf

www.strangedesign.org

Poster

i wouldnt give those jokers a nickel. i just found a guy that can build any true bypass looper you can think of. id get in touch with my boy curtis, get a big looper built, go up on ebay find one of the many pedal case manufacturers and get them to make a case for you thats big enough (that where i got all mine and they a rugged), go get yourself a nice hunk of plywood thats an inch thick that fits into the bottom of the board case (guerrilla glue that bitch down). drill and sand a conpartment for a power brick to power your floor boxes. get extra 2x4 pieces to elevate your whammy/ boomerang, go to home depot get yourself industrial velcro.  screw down you blocks where you want them and make sure to put more guerrilla glue between the block and the board before you screw them down to make them watertight like a dolphins butt. then cover the whole thing in the velcro. cut strips of velcro to hold down your cables.

bam i just saved you 1000 bucks. ill take a jack and sprite short please . 8)

ps. if you want to pay me 800 bucks ill be happy to build you exactly what you want :0) :lol:

strangedesign

If I was going to do that i guess I could just have someone make a road case that my current board will fit in. I can buy any length true bypass strip from http://www.loop-master.com/ for a pretty good price. I just liked all the extras these guys did. I would love to have one power cable powering the entire board, 1/4\" jack's for all the inputs and out puts and then all custom wired. Tom did say if I already had a lot of the parts I could just send them to him. (true bypass, jacks, power supply, case and all connection). The main costs were in tehbypass/latching switches ($550), custom case ($385) and the onboard power supply ($200).

www.strangedesign.org

Poster

i still say thats a total rip. think about all the needless connections that can get dirty that way? or break?

this is what my board looks like without the RC2 comp and rang (they are in shop) normally the rang would cover the power brick and cables. underneath it, i have been zip tying everything up nice and tight. the little block next to my wah is for my comp to rest under and for me to tighten power cables around.

notice my curtis built switcher

* now looking back at your enormous board the case you would need would be as big as a damned coffin. I would stick half of that shit in a giant rack case with one of those midi control racks and foot controller. a la bob bradshaw did for trey way back when. too much stuff that you dont need to have on the floor. phaser/ 2nd overdrive?/octave/headrush all could be preset and put into the rack. still not as expensive as 1800