The Flinstones version of Trey's Koa

Started by cactuskeeb, January 14, 2008, 11:17:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactuskeeb

check this out on ebay:

The best I can say for it is that after looking at it for a little while, it starts to have a kind of campy appeal to it.  I guess if the player him- or herself looked as goofy as this does, then it would work, right?  I don't know..

Poster

Wow that looks cool. My guy is out of florida though :0) I think that these replicas all are hard to judge from a picture. The shape of the body can play tricks on you... I think for 3000$ or whatever its a very cool guitar, Iam not crazy about walnut anything though. Maybe strange will buy it :) Ewww it has duncans in it! Somebody buy it!

Poster

Quote from: \"cactuskeeb\"Sorry for the double posting, but it just dawned on me that this is posternutbag's custom.

I wish it was! Looks like this guy would ship right after getting my money instead of making me wait!

* Edit - I dunno it looks pretty damned close now that Ive looked it over. If it is another made by my people, Id buy it.

cactuskeeb

That's cool I just don't like it (obviously).

Poster

Quote from: \"cactuskeeb\"That's cool I just don't like it (obviously).

From what Ive learned this was one of the experimental guitars they fooled with. Apparently, they went through about 5 guitars similar to this and this one was left over from a deadbeat buyer. My guitar has a completely different shape, tone woods, and neck construction. And it doesnt have any non organic glues or anything else used on it, David is a good dude, and Id still play this flinstones guitar if I had the chance, but Id agree its not the best one Ive seen. But then again Cactus, its pretty impossible to judge an instrument by pictures. I used to have the ugliest custom axe ever, and it played like a pair of hot tits.

cactuskeeb

\"it played like a pair of hot tits\"

Oh Posternutbag, you are such a card.  Very humerous indeed.

Walker done done

Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Poster

Quote from: \"Walker done done\"Got a link to the listing?

*EDIT: nevermind, found it: http://cgi.ebay.com/Hollowbody-Guitar-n-a-PRS-custom-handmade-koa-wood_W0QQitemZ260203120290QQihZ016QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

what do you think about it benny? I dunno about that falic omm symbol on the headstock... a little too shit-for-brains high on Brewster's millions for me

Walker done done

Agreed.  He did a really nice job on the binding though, and everything else looks fairly well detailed.  If he's trying to make it look like a 'Doc replica, I'm not psyched on the shape of the body; a little off if you ask me, but still a beauty.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Poster

think how bad that would suck though. some dude calls and pays a down payment on a 5 thousand dollar guitar, gets him to make the shape wonky so it \"unique\" and now dude is stuck with the cock knuckle guitar.

*that inlay looks pretty bad too. i just blew it up in photoshop and some of the abalone was crooked. thats one expensive fucking prototype, maybe it can blow you somehow and we are just missing something great  :lol:

strangedesign

I agree, the shape is off for a languedoc copy. It doesn't come with electronics, I doubt it comes with a case and he still wants $3,700. I would give him a $1,000 for it but that's about it.
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org