Main Menu

pedal boards

Started by phishlips, September 06, 2011, 04:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ColForbin

Quote from: ShockedAndPersuaded on September 08, 2011, 11:15:32 PM
Nice set up.  I've had a KoT jones for a while now.  Is it everything they say it is?  I bought the DR from a guy that's building them out of Florida.  Vintage Sound Amps.  His name is Rick Hayes.  Great guy to deal with and does top notch work.  Mojo cabs and Weber speakers. He will do mods also although he doesn't go too extreme.  He's a purist kinda guy.  I bought the standard and dove into it like Keeb has been doing. 

Nice, I've checked out their page before.  Good stuff.  I really like my KOT, it works for me for sure.  There is an awful lot of good press out there about it, but I surely wouldn't buy off ebay or something where the prices are inflated.  There are a lot of good OD pedals out there that don't take 2+ years to get.  In fact, there's a really good one beside my KOT on my board.  Basically, I put myself on the list and got me a Signa Drive.  I forgot I was even on the list until I got an email from Mike saying that I could order.  But the Signa Drive is awesome as well, and so is Chad (the builder) to deal with.  Best customer service I've ever had,...anywhere.
Current rig: 
Guitars:  AO Koa Venus, Denis Larocque Tele
Effects Board: AO Wheel-->Korg Pitchblack-->CAE M404 Wah-->Pigtronix Fat drive-->TC Electronic Alter Ego Delay-->amp
Amps:  Fender 1972 Twin Reverb

ShockedAndPersuaded

I know what you mean about the press.  I bought a Zendrive a while back and while it does sound good it's a little over hyped.  It does a good job of reproducing the crunch channel on my Fuchs TDS but it still has that "pedal sound".  I'll check out the SD for sure.  I've been looking for a good crancked Plexi tone. 
Guitars: 4 custom built, '79 LP standard, '69 ES 355, '83 LP Jr, '02 PRS HB II, '99 Strat>Bypass looper: Whammy II>Clyde Deluxe Wah>Maxon OD9Pro+>Cusack Tap-A-Whirl>Deja Vibe>Neo Ventilator>Fuchs TDS 100
Effects Loop: DD-7(short)>DD-7(long)

ColForbin

Quote from: ShockedAndPersuaded on September 09, 2011, 05:37:50 PMI'll check out the SD for sure.  I've been looking for a good crancked Plexi tone. 

Yeah man, it's very versatile.  With the three way switch on the pedal you can go anywhere from boost to od to plexi, it's good shit, a great price and I really can't say enough about Chad.

Anyways,  MORE PEDALBOARDS PEOPLE!!
Current rig: 
Guitars:  AO Koa Venus, Denis Larocque Tele
Effects Board: AO Wheel-->Korg Pitchblack-->CAE M404 Wah-->Pigtronix Fat drive-->TC Electronic Alter Ego Delay-->amp
Amps:  Fender 1972 Twin Reverb

fulltone1989

Here' my apartment rig, thinking of replacing the RMC3 with a 3Leaf Proton so I can get the repeater on the board so it's easier to transport.

Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

picture_of_nectar

Here is my current rig, been running it for about 8 months with no changes, except for adding the Rang III (really stoaked about that addition).

Sorry the pic isn't that great.
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

fulltone1989

Quote from: picture_of_nectar on September 10, 2011, 11:47:56 AM
Here is my current rig, been running it for about 8 months with no changes, except for adding the Rang III (really stoaked about that addition).

Sorry the pic isn't that great.

Nice! What analogman pedal is that?
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs

picture_of_nectar

Hey it's the ARDX20, analog delay. Awesome pedal, check one out.

http://www.buyanalogman.com/Analog_Man_ARDX20_Dual_Analog_Delay_p/am-ardx20.htm

fulltone1989

Quote from: picture_of_nectar on September 15, 2011, 05:59:46 PM
Hey it's the ARDX20, analog delay. Awesome pedal, check one out.

Looks sweet! I got a Akai Headrush a few weeks ago that sounds pretty decent. What size pedaltrain do you have?

picture_of_nectar

I think it's the Pedaltrain 2, I dunno...the middle size.