Main Menu

t

Started by Poster, December 31, 2007, 04:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poster

t
w

strangedesign

It's a sign. You need to start saveing for the new rang coming out in 2008 ;)
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

ColForbin

My rang, I just got it and put it at the end of my chain.  It makes this insane loud hum and I tried a behringer hum destroyer, which cleaned it up a fair bit, but there is still some hum.  Plus, I noticed it takes a fair bit of bite out of my tone, is there something I'm missing?  I run the following

Whammy IV-->GCB-95 wah-->Compressor-->2 x TS-9--> Boss Tremelo--> Line 6 Echo park delay-->Boomerang---->Fender Deluxe Reverb amp

Any help would be great......
Current rig: 
Guitars:  AO Koa Venus, Denis Larocque Tele
Effects Board: AO Wheel-->Korg Pitchblack-->CAE M404 Wah-->Pigtronix Fat drive-->TC Electronic Alter Ego Delay-->amp
Amps:  Fender 1972 Twin Reverb

ColForbin

Thanks man,

Sorry I'm a little green on the whole thing, I'm still learning.  So, I need a true bypass looper in conjunction with the rang?  Ebay a good spot to get one?  Some of my pedals are true bypass, (the compressor, the wah) but not all.  As far as the effects loop goes, my DR is the reissue, and as far as I know, doesn't have an effects loop.  But I'll start looking for a true bypass looper on ebay.  Thanks a bunch posternutbag!! (I've always wanted to say that, lol.)
Current rig: 
Effects Board: AO Wheel-->Korg Pitchblack-->CAE M404 Wah-->Pigtronix Fat drive-->TC Electronic Alter Ego Delay-->amp

ColForbin

You're my new best friend, my bass player is going to love you when I tell him the news.

Thanks.
Current rig: 

ColForbin

Thanks so much,

Don't worry about offending me, I am grateful for the input.  I'm going to start working on this right away!

Cheers.
Current rig: 

ColForbin

By the way, where do you suggest I move my compressor??

Thanks again.

**edit** sorry i just caught that up above
Current rig: 

strangedesign

For true bypass loops I had these guys build mine.

http://www.loop-master.com/

They are a little more expensive but they are built like tanks and I have never had any issues.

Here is my signal path

RMC3 Wha >
TS9 Analogman silver mod >
TS9 Analogman silver mod >
compROSSer Analogman >

Custom Custom True Bypass Switch>
loop1: Boss OC-2 Octave
loop2: Whammy II > Electro > Harmonix SmallStone Phaser > AKAI E1 Delay > Boomerang
loop3: Alesis MicroVerb
loop4: Ibanez DM2000 Dleay

CAE ISO-1 >
Fender Deluxe Reverb

www.strangedesign.org

cactuskeeb

What does the CAE ISO-1 do for your sound?  Is it worth getting one if my signal path is more or less identical to yours?

strangedesign

It's an Isolation Transformer to eliminate ground loop hum. check out this thread...

http://forums.strangedesign.org/viewtopic.php?t=610

www.strangedesign.org

strangedesign

Ha! Would you be mad if I told you I bought 2 so I would have a backup!!!
I bet he's just backed up from the holidays. He will probably call you next week. I would send him a follow up mail.

www.strangedesign.org

ColForbin

Quote from: \"posternutbag\"If Bob doesnt call me, Ill trade you 2 camels for the uglier of the two :)

A fair trade.......

Hey posternutbag,

I rearranged my effects last night to put the comp after the ts9's, huge difference~!!!

Thanks again
Current rig: 

ColForbin

I just purchased the Deeeelay from CMATMODS!!!  I'm super stoked, onward and upward in the relentless pursuit of tone!!!

Cheers!
Current rig: 

ColForbin

Quote from: \"posternutbag\"Welcome Col Forbin to the ranks of those brave enough to search for the holy grail!

You could call it Colonel Forbin's Ascent,...to awesome tone!!!!
Current rig: