Main Menu

My new rig

Started by picture_of_nectar, February 04, 2009, 12:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stiles12

haha how many of these "Home depot" racks are you using in your rig poster.
Guitars- Parker Fly Mojo, McInturff Standard, gibson 446.
effect and amp chain- Ts9 silver (X2), Rmc-3, (To Rack) Groove Tube Trio> BBE Compressor> GCX Audio Switcher> Whammy II> Boomerang> D-Two> Dm-2000> Tc electronics M-one XL> VHT 2:90:2
SPL Transducer

Poster

well Iam guessing this guy doesnt tour. When I was taking lessons full time I lugged around a rack made of ply, spray paint, and cabinet handles. It now houses a PA. So after 8 years its a champ. Cant beat good chunk of 1/2 inch ply, gorilla glue, and some carpenters screws. Seriously, anybody that pays for a new rack case, needs to look into craigslist if you plan on flying your gear around... There are ATA flight cases EVERYWHERE now that the recession is full bore. Bands come and go all day long. The weekend warriors get in a pinch and the first stuff to sell is the gear. An ATA grade rack case is nearly bullet proof. Its been my experience the molded plastic ones last longer when flying around. The ATA wooden racks seem to warp, fracture, and get hung up on things more often. Again, if your not a professional player, having ATA stuff just kinda makes you look like a complete asshole. If youve got extra cash, go get some lessons, and bounty of DVD's. By the time you need flight grade stuff, the label thats promoting you should pay for tour gear, as they too, will likely have a stockpile of ATA crap from past failed bands. Very very few groups make it past one tour.  

picture_of_nectar

Cool, thanks guys!

You know, I take back what I said about hating Guitar Center. I know it's corporate and all, but I went back there yesterday and talked to them about the amp hum. They remembered my name and all the gear I had...which was surprising since it's been a few months since I've been in there. The guy who sold it to me who is also the manager was super helpful and gauranteed that we'd get it sorted out, so I'm goig to bring it in and go through it with them.

I think the main thing about Guitar Center is just talking to the right people when you go in, obviously some know their stuff and some don't. Of course then they set me up with a sweet Les Paul to try out in the quiet room...those jerks.

I bought a conditioned power supply as you recomended. I'm going to check it out later and hopefully that cleans it up. I decided to save a couple hundred bucks and skip the rack mounted conditioner for now, maybe someday if I end up ever getting a rack...

I also got a Voodoo Lab power supply for my pedal board.

Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

cactuskeeb

A sweet les paul in the quiet room is always the shit.

Poster

Well now iam just shaking me head...

Dude the BBE Supacharger is a clone of the voodoo labs pedal power and only cost 108$ new on ebay

Second a rack conditioner is 40$... The art 4x4 is an incredibly durable unit. You just pissed more money up the pole.

picture_of_nectar

Actually I'm pretty happy with the gear I got. Sorry to hear you think it's "pissing up a pole" or whatever... ::)
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

Poster

Quote from: picture_of_nectar on February 12, 2009, 02:21:40 PM
Actually I'm pretty happy with the gear I got. Sorry to hear you think it's "pissing up a pole" or whatever... ::)

Hey its whatever man. I mentioned the BBE power supply and the 4x4 as they are the exact same things you bought for half the price. Hey, if you want to spend your money, go for it. Its your money not mine.

strangedesign

All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

strangedesign

All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org