It's Ice

Started by Erictw83, August 22, 2007, 01:42:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erictw83

I just love that song but haven't heard it on many shows.   I love the funky lick in the intro, the 'round' style vocal segments, the subdued melancholy jam in the middle.  It's been my favoritet song for the last few weeks, I just wonder why they didn't play it more often?

strangedesign

Quote from: \"Erictw83\"I just love that song but haven't heard it on many shows.   I love the funky lick in the intro, the 'round' style vocal segments, the subdued melancholy jam in the middle.  It's been my favoritet song for the last few weeks, I just wonder why they didn't play it more often?
They did... Go look in the Helping Friendly Book and check out the '95 shows. Almost every other night it seemed like... Those were the days!

http://www.phish.net/hpb/
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

Erictw83

Shit, once again thanks for the tip.  My \"phish-tory\" isn't as good as with the dead for the lack of Phish on archive.org, and it takes me a friggin' week to torrent a single show.

Walker done done

Definitely a good song - love the different parts as you mentioned.  Haven't really ever picked this one up, maybe I'll spend the weekend moodling around on it, see where it gets me.

Anyone play this?  Any tips ahead of time?
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Walker done done

Quote from: Erictw83 on August 22, 2007, 06:17:22 PM
Shit, once again thanks for the tip.  My \"phish-tory\" isn't as good as with the dead for the lack of Phish on archive.org, and it takes me a friggin' week to torrent a single show.

Eric - haven't seen you lurking on here in a while but if you're still here hit me up - I've got a site you'll want to visit for DL'ing Phish shows.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

strangedesign

All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

YouEnjoyMyReba

looking through my shows i noticed that i have very few its ice's. any good ones out there someone can recommend?
LP Gibson Studio> Whammy II (currently not in rig)> Vox wah 847 (garmopat mod)>Ts9 (silver) X2> BiComp> Boomerang+> FDR '65 reissue

Walker done done

Clifford Ball has a smokin' version.

Loop 3 Boomerang+

YouEnjoyMyReba

I love it. thats one of the two that i had on my ipod. i looked in the phish companion and found a couple notable versions. my favorites are 3/17/92 and 9/20/00 and of course the clifford ball
LP Gibson Studio> Whammy II (currently not in rig)> Vox wah 847 (garmopat mod)>Ts9 (silver) X2> BiComp> Boomerang+> FDR '65 reissue

picture_of_nectar

I loved how they nailed Ice at Hampton '09.

For me that was a distinct "Ah HA!" moment, where I was like yep, these guys definately still have it!
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone