Main Menu

New rig

Started by MomaDan, April 03, 2012, 12:04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MomaDan

So I have a bunch of new stuff now after an awesome trade and a good purchase. I got the Wolfetone Dr Vs installed in the LP with the wiring diagram that Heady posted a couple weeks ago. Coil splitting is cool but not sure how much im gonna use, the series is where this wiring really shines.

Then I was looking through TGP as usual and saw someone looking to trade their Boomerang. I offered up my Line6 DL4 and surprisingly the guy wanted it. This looper is so freaking sweet. The jacks are opposite from usual, so I need to get a longer patch cable. And I also got on the list for a Skreddy LMD, thanks for pushing me to get the real thing Heady! I'm dascher on TGP btw.

LP Studio w/ Wolfetone DR. V>Wilson Rippah>MXR Classic Dist>CompRosser>Strymon Mobius>Boomerang>TU-2>Fender SF Champ

Happyorange27

Nice...someone actually traded a Boomerang for a DL4!!!  Are they stupid?  Nice catch.  Looks like it's in good condition. 
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

Heady Jam Fan

Lol, I need to get a DL4 and do some Boomerang Alchemy!

BTW, wassup Dascher!

The Lunar is awesome too, not really a Phish thing, but by far my favorite fuzz. I want to check out his P19 sometime as he describes it as a TS-like-muff.

I always wanted to rig something up to run the Lunar Module parallel to a TS or two, I figured the LM, with the bright/sharp and body maxed would have an awesome top and bottom end to complement a TS's midrange. Marc liked the idea, especially after he realized that even the flat EQ of the Lunar on a Fender amp might be too scooped for some folks. I don't think he will ever build it, but if I am ever not broke anymore, I will probably rig that up via a Pigtronix Keymaster.
Headless Hollowbody > Mesa Boogie MK III > TRM Trucker 212 w/ V30's
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9

MomaDan

Quote from: Happyorange27 on April 03, 2012, 01:47:36 PM
Nice...someone actually traded a Boomerang for a DL4!!!  Are they stupid?  Nice catch.  Looks like it's in good condition. 

Guess so  ;D. The guy didnt like loopers and wanted a delay. He said that it was all scuffed up with velcro everywhere except its in really good condition. I would have tried to trade for a Diamond ML jr but this works for me. The rang is so much fun to mess around with. All those hours looking at the emporium instead of paying attention in class finally payed off. The ability to cut off the dry guitar signal is pretty cool when in reverse.

I've never had a fuzz so why not try one of the most popular especially cause I would love to get some Floyd sounds. Its crazy for me to think that just in September I only had a crappy SS amp and the ts9, mostly done with gear for now. At least until GAS kicks in again.
LP Studio w/ Wolfetone DR. V>Wilson Rippah>MXR Classic Dist>CompRosser>Strymon Mobius>Boomerang>TU-2>Fender SF Champ

Heady Jam Fan

I had the same thing a number of years ago, a solid state, a couple pedals that I never used... I started buying lower tier versions of rare guitars with rare parts, so I took them apart and sold them to people who often had upper tier version and needed the same parts. I did 3-4 guitars a week, $75-100 each and kept the rare, upgraded parts, which I sent to a luthier for a custom build. Then I realized I really needed to upgrade the rest of my rig ;) So pretty much all the money I spent came from about a year of chop-shopping guitars! I built a couple too, but that is a different story.
Headless Hollowbody > Mesa Boogie MK III > TRM Trucker 212 w/ V30's
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9

fulltone1989

Nice! Having owned a Boomerang + for a few years and knowing what they're worth VS a DL4, I'd say you scored big-time. Boomerang's will only keep their value while the DL4 with depreciate over time. Boomerang is my favorite looper too! I'm saving up for a "Rang III w/Sidecar and Roller.

I'm fulltone1989 on TGP although I mainly chill in the effects, soundhound, guitars, and amps sections!
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.