New Dunlop 'Hendrix' Pedals

Started by the_great_lemon, November 05, 2012, 10:21:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_great_lemon

I saw these in the PGS weekly newsletter and thought they looked sorta cool and reasonably priced. What do you guys think? Worth the investment?

http://proguitarshop.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=JHM3+JHM1+JHM2+JH2

That uni-vibe clone(?) looks like it could take a place on a back-up board of some sort hmmmm   :P
Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Traditional, 1992 Gibson SG Standard
Effects: Boss OC-2 Octave -> Garmopatmods Vox V847 -> Mojo Vibe -> Boss Blues Driver -> Mad Professor Sweet Honey OD -> Ross Compressor -> Boss GE-7 -> MXR Carbon Copy -> TC Ditto Looper
Amps: Fender Blues Jr. NOS, Epiphone Valve Jr.

the_great_lemon

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Traditional, 1992 Gibson SG Standard
Effects: Boss OC-2 Octave -> Garmopatmods Vox V847 -> Mojo Vibe -> Boss Blues Driver -> Mad Professor Sweet Honey OD -> Ross Compressor -> Boss GE-7 -> MXR Carbon Copy -> TC Ditto Looper
Amps: Fender Blues Jr. NOS, Epiphone Valve Jr.

IamWILSON

I'm a little off subject with this, but after looking at those pedals, it made me think about the fuzz face replica I got from this guy here.

http://chasetone.com/custom-tuned-dallas-arbiter-germanium-fuzz-face-replica/

Listen to the sound samples on his page.  While the fuzzface he sells was a little more expensive than those pedals (but not that much more), it is IMO the best fuzz you can use to attain the Hendrix fuzz tone.  I can easily copy Hendrix's tone on "Born Under a Bad Sign" off of the "Blues" album that was released in the 90's with my strat. 

Guitars: Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AS80, Ibanez AF75, Malden Holly Keyser [SD Jazz (neck), SD '59 (bridge)], Carlo Robelli USH-500HB, Martin DC-1E ('98), and a Peavey Grind 5-string bass.

Effects in chain: Whammy II (dry out to Korg Tuner), RMC6, TS-9 ('82), TS-808 ('81), Ross Compressor, Fulltone SupaTrem, Fulltone DejaVibe2, TC Elec Nova Repeater, Ibanez Digital Modulation Delay III (DML20), Boomerang+, Alesis Microverb I, H&K Rotosphere MkII --> amps.

Amps: Mesa Boogie MkIII Blue Stripe, Egnator Rebel 20 head > Mesa Boogie Road King 2x12 cab, Fender Blues Jr. Humboldt, Marshall VS102R, Fender Champion 600, and Fender Frontman 25R.

Effects currently not in chain: Ross Compressor (MIT), Keeley Compressor (2-knob), Keeley TS-9, and TS-9 ('82).

fulltone1989

They don't really do anything for me unfortunately. Seems like all they did was put the existing circuits in smaller enclosures and added new custom graphics. All that aside the uni-vibe has sparked my interest but my Deja-Vibe is working great for me now. (Gave up on the small pedalboard idea)
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.