Video: Happy's Rig

Started by Happyorange27, January 27, 2013, 05:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happyorange27

Hey this is my rig. I'll get another video up of me actually playing. At least you get a general idea of my stuff. Enjoy and excuse my clutter.
UPDATED TO HD FORMAT! ;D

http://youtu.be/Z0dXBKZuWlA
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

Heady Jam Fan

Nice Happy, definitely cool to see the entirety of what equipment your working with!

I'll look forward to hearing what you can do with it!
Headless Hollowbody > Mesa Boogie MK III > TRM Trucker 212 w/ V30's
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9

Happyorange27

A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

Heady Jam Fan

Sweet!

After reading your post suggesting everyone makes videos, i started an (audio) recording, but when I went to record leads, my mic started clipping. So I ended up ordering an SM57.

So thanks for the inspiration (but not the inspiring me to spend ;)).
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9

Happyorange27

EDIT: I FIXED THESE FILES TO BE ON BOTH CHANNELS, NOT JUST PANNED LEFT

Anyway here are the Soundcloud files:

This first link goes through all the pedals.  I hope you like.  

soundcloud.com/happyorange27/rig-2013-01-27-mono

This is just me doing a little solo with the looper.  Wah was on in the beginning but not on purpose, but it sounds ok.

soundcloud.com/happyorange27/no-more-solo-mono

Heady Jam Fan

Trim? There isn't a trim - my understanding of that type of distortion is actually the ribbon or whatever in the mic that picks up the sound waves - it is just too much pressure. The mic is designed for vocals, acoustics and far-micing

Great playing - especially on the second track!

I like the throatier wah more.

Was there a reason why you were panned left?

Happyorange27

Sorry: trim on the recording device.

Uh oh panned left!  Better fix that. Thanks!

webephishin

Wow happy, that video was awesome.  Everything u have just looks beautiful and that vid inspired the shit outta me for some reason ha.  Im gonna start following you on soundcloud if you don't mind, i just created an account (SchreinTime) today.
Guitars: Schecter c/sh-1 (SD 59 PUPs), Michael Kelly Valor CT, Fender Montara Acoustic/Electric

Effects: Boss tuner > Digitech Whammy II > Dunlop GCB95 Crybaby > EH micro Qtron > MXR Script Phase 90 > Dunlop Univibe > SD SFX-07 (Shape Shifter) Tremolo > TS9 AM Silver > TS9DX > Ross Compressor (Black) > Boss DD-7 w/FS-5U

Amp: Fender Hot Rod Deville 410

Happyorange27

Thanks Web!  Get inspired!  Do something fun!

Darn I need to go make those tracks balanced for your listening comfort.  Didn't notice till it was too late.

Stecks

You have some really nice gear...  Very knowledgeable, as well.  Basically everything you have is about 100 times nicer and cooler than mine (including your scalp)
Schecter C1 Classic - Takamine EG334BC acoustic/electric.  Tuner>volume>VOX wah>TS9> Morley ABY selector/split/combiner, PathA:CS9>BF2>DigiDelay, PathB:envelope filter>AD9, 1971 Fender Twin (slightly modded) amplifier

"Remember:  information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is THE BEST." - FZ

Happyorange27

Quote from: Stecks on January 28, 2013, 08:47:42 AM
You have some really nice gear...  Very knowledgeable, as well.  Basically everything you have is about 100 times nicer and cooler than mine (including your scalp)
;D Hey thanks man.

Stecks

Did you study EE?  Do you re-tube & re-bias on your own?  I'm assuming so since you seem to be the "Man with the Golden Voltmeter" / "Have Soldering Iron, Will Travel"

I gotta come down to Akron ASAP

Schecter C1 Classic - Takamine EG334BC acoustic/electric.  Tuner>volume>VOX wah>TS9> Morley ABY selector/split/combiner, PathA:CS9>BF2>DigiDelay, PathB:envelope filter>AD9, 1971 Fender Twin (slightly modded) amplifier

"Remember:  information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is THE BEST." - FZ

Happyorange27

I took a basic EE class while getting my ME degree.  But mostly learned on my own on the internet.  Honeslty, that PCB wasn't as immensely difficult.  I took the schematic from Whipple and just laid out the components with a free downloaded program from the PCB company.  It's just like AutoCAD.  Just lay out the components where you want them.  Yes you need to be mindful of what does what, but I wasn't too bad.
Just get a soldering iron and poke around. Trial and error.

Yes you need to come on down bro!

Stecks

You're talking to a guy with a BS in entrepreneurial finance/pre-med and a chem minor and a masters in anatomy...  You're on a totally different level.  I know how to dissect and play with biological circuitry, not how to dissect and play with machine/electrical circuitry (i'd end up electrocuting myself.. and YOU... which would suck for both of us)...

But I guess if you want to go "Breaking Bad" style, I'm your dude  :) 

Happyorange27

OK the Soundcloud files are fixed.  Both channels! (mono however)