Your band's covers

Started by Walker done done, February 03, 2008, 11:07:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walker done done

What are some of your band's favorite covers that you're doing right now?  Or just in general, what are some of your favorite songs to cover?

I've been having a blast w/ a few new ones we're doing, like Back In The USSR, Gumbo, Paint It Black, Simple Man, Chalkdust, & Late In The Evening.  Gotta get me some horns though....
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

arkjdfgkjdbf

We frequently do Any Colour You Like to loosen up.  We do a faster, funky sort of version (this is a bad take, but check out what I mean here: http://members.cox.net/rdgraham/AnyClip.mp3).  My friend and I duet on Dylan's Girl From The North Country all the time, just love that song.  As far as Phish covers go, we've done a lot, but don't play them too much.  Chaldust, NICU and Seven Below are the ones that turn up most often.  We actually soundchecked with a Makisupa at our last show which was fun.

ColForbin

I might be a bit late with my reply here, but along with our originals my band is currently doing:

Bathtub Gin - Phish
Shakedown Street - The Dead
Taxman - The Beatles
Off the Record - My Morning Jacket
I Wish - Stevie Wonder
Current rig: 
Guitars:  AO Koa Venus, Denis Larocque Tele
Effects Board: AO Wheel-->Korg Pitchblack-->CAE M404 Wah-->Pigtronix Fat drive-->TC Electronic Alter Ego Delay-->amp
Amps:  Fender 1972 Twin Reverb

Poster

Were doing...

The Beltless Buckler - GRAB STYLE ;0)

Althea - Grateful for the Dead

Here He Comes - Jimi Hendrix

Honey Creeper - Reid and the Assembly of Dust

All of my Love - Led Zepp

Hello my name is some mountain - Unreleased track from Phish's Junta

Sunny's Song - The Benevento Russo Duo

Stiles12

We have been playing a lot of new covers

Emmance Front - The Who, which is fun

Superstitious - Stevie Wonder

Best feeling - string cheese

Walkabout - Red Hot Chilli Peppers

I got a Feeling - Beatles

Crosseyed painless - From Stop making sense, Its fun to start out really slow

Tu Sevun - Pgroove

Join together - The Who

These are some of the new ones that we got down, right now we are still writing and coming up with originals, we actually had a good run these last few months with coming up with about 4 or 5 new good orginals
Guitars- Parker Fly Mojo, McInturff Standard, gibson 446.
effect and amp chain- Ts9 silver (X2), Rmc-3, (To Rack) Groove Tube Trio> BBE Compressor> GCX Audio Switcher> Whammy II> Boomerang> D-Two> Dm-2000> Tc electronics M-one XL> VHT 2:90:2
SPL Transducer

gratephulphish123

well i just joined a jazz fusion band, hopefully now i'll finally have the rhythm section i've been dying for!  ;D I dunno what covers we'll be doing but i've started attempting to write jazz in the vein of the horseshoe curve, and i'm hoping i can get em to cover some songs off that because the horseshoe curve is brilliant.