Main Menu

O

Started by Poster, October 21, 2007, 12:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poster

O
Hey everybody,

strangedesign

Let me know a song from a show with this effect so I can take a listen.

Thanks!
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

Walker done done

Got a link to a copy?
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

strangedesign

I'm downloading it right now. I will give it a listen as soon as it has finished.

www.strangedesign.org

Walker done done

Quote from: \"strangedesign\"I'm downloading it right now. I will give it a listen as soon as it has finished.

Hey Scott, where'd you find it?  I can't effin' find it for the life of me!
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

strangedesign

There is something that sits on top of Trey's rack that I have know idea what it does. I have sent Brian a few more questions about the rig and this is one of them. This might be what Mike was talking about. I will get an update on that. He has been out on tour with Tom Petty for a while and siad he would answer them when he got back.

here is a pic of it

www.strangedesign.org

strangedesign

I listened to that track on the way to the airport this morning. Sounds like the same effect Trey is using in the song Undermind on the studio album Undermind. I really don't know how he is creating this effect. Sounds like a lots of reverb, overdrive and wha but there is definately something else in there. I wonder if he could be using either the backwards effect in the boomerang. When playing in reverse the note being played is dropped one octave.

www.strangedesign.org

Brian27

Trey uses his whammy like a wha at times.

Poster

Quote from: \"Brian27\"Trey uses his whammy like a wha at times.

sorry , thats definently not it.

Poster

search for the chicago iron octavia plus. its the closest thing out there that sounds like it. iam beeting on this being our mystery effect!

Walker done done

Sweet, thanks for posting that, gear looks really interesting.  Know of any place I can hear some samples??

EDIT: nevermind, found it on their page....doh! :oops:

Loop 3 Boomerang+

Poster

just go to musictoyz or just google chicago iron they have a site.

Poster

acutally Iam giong to take that back. that chicago iron thing only drop an octave on four frets of the low E trey noodles around more than that.... and the search continues

Poster

hey guys,
 i just had a moment of clarity and i think i might know what mystery effect this is. its really starting to drive me wonky, but ive listened to the recordings i have in which he uses whatever this thing is ive noticed a few things. 1) it doesnt take him but a split second to engage it 2) you never here it without wah wah 3) nobody has mentioned seeing a new addition to his rig recently, except for maybe the return of a compressor that used to be in there anyway

now after years of smoking tons of weed and watching sherlock holmes iam going to go out on a limb and say what if our mystery effect is the most obvious? in other words, if we always here this new gadget with wah, what if its simply a wah wah with adjustable trem pots, thats tweaked to sound super bassy with maybe a hint of octavia? my vox wah is getting modded right as we speak in CO somewhere so i can tweak the trem, have a DC jack, LED to know when its on/off, and getting all guts replaced with shiny new guts, oh and true bypass. its a very real option in my mind because you can do these mods to any old thomas organ, cry baby, or vox wah and you can really get any tone of them after the mod. what you guys think? puff* puff*  :roll:   :P

Walker done done

Well, I didn't hit it quite that good but that's what was on my radar when you said it's always on w/ the wah.  Figured it was all-in-one.  But I think you've hit it right on the head.

Got any info on how/where I can mod my wah as well?  I have a Vox and honestly, I hate it right now.  Every time I turn it on there's this *pop* noise that can be heard through my amp, and it's very noisy.  Would love to resolve this problem, as well as enhance it with some of the stuff you mentioned (adj. trem, LED, etc.).

Good work slueth.

Loop 3 Boomerang+