Trey's Rack From 11/19/1994

Started by strangedesign, December 12, 2007, 02:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strangedesign

I thought I posted this a while back but I guess I didn't. Enjoy!

All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

Brian27

Nice shot. This was of course taken back during the Bluegrass Sessions right?

Stiles12

What are we looking at here?
Furman rack one
Dm-2000 rack two
dont know what the blue or black stomps are in rack three?
then the ross
a form of ts9
then the left ts9 looks to be moded with a a few new switches on the face
and then three audio swithing units. looks like one is for the PA and the others are for his foot controller.

If I am wrong about these let me know. I am real interested in the two stomp boxes in the third rack space. anyone have any idea?
Guitars- Parker Fly Mojo, McInturff Standard, gibson 446.
effect and amp chain- Ts9 silver (X2), Rmc-3, (To Rack) Groove Tube Trio> BBE Compressor> GCX Audio Switcher> Whammy II> Boomerang> D-Two> Dm-2000> Tc electronics M-one XL> VHT 2:90:2
SPL Transducer

strangedesign

Here is what I see...

1st space: Furman Power
2nd space: DM-2000
3rd space: Blue Box ??? | Electro Harmonix Small Stone Phaser
4th space: Ross Comp | TS10 | TS9
5th space: EQ maybe ???
6th space: CAE 4x4
7th space: CAE 4x4

www.strangedesign.org

Walker done done

What I want to know is when did he move all the pedals to the floor and why?  And what was he using at the time to engage/disengage them?  I've been thinking about doing something along these lines and eventually getting rid of the pedalboard on the floor, but don't have a ton of info on it.  Thanks.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

strangedesign

Quote from: \"Walker done done\"What I want to know is when did he move all the pedals to the floor and why?  And what was he using at the time to engage/disengage them?  I've been thinking about doing something along these lines and eventually getting rid of the pedalboard on the floor, but don't have a ton of info on it.  Thanks.
Trey's pedals were almost always on the floor untill Bob Bradshaw was hired to be Trey's tech for the end of the '94 fall tour.

Here is kind of a time line of Techs Trey had. Up untill the last few months of '94 Trey had the same tech. I have no idea what his name was and his pedals were on the floor. At this time Trey was playing the Mesa Boogie mk III and right about the 2 hour mark every night the amp would start shorting out. Trey being Trey would kick it and it would start working again. His tech at the time could bever figure out what was causing it. Finally Trey fired him in the middle of the tour. To finish the end of the '94 tour Bob Bradshaw of Custom Audio Electronics was hired on. This is when the CAE 4x4, CAE pre amp and CAE RS-10 Foot Switch was introduced to Trey's rig. Bob simply put the pedals in the rack and connected them to the CAE 4x4's and allowed Trey to control these via the CAE RS-10 Foot Switch ( http://www.strangedesign.org/rigs/details.asp?artistID=3&equipmentID=19 ) . This foot switch also controlled the CAE Pre Amp. The following year Brian came onboard. Brian found that there was a screw in the amp that when it got hot enough it expanded ever so slightly and would touch a piece of metal and short out. Of course Trey fell in love with Brian and he is still Trey's #1 guy. In '95 Trey had moved on to the Groove Tube D-75 and I believe by '98 he had gone to the Fender Deluxe Reverbs. I'm pretty sure when Trey went to the Fenders is when the pedals came out of the rack and went to the floor. I don't know why this hapened but it did.

www.strangedesign.org

Stiles12

the bottom two racks here are definitely the CAE audio switcher, that must be why he has two, supposedly the RS10 can run up to 4 of the switchers at once. all the pedals in his rack must be run off one of the switchers and the pedals on the floor must be the other switcher, interesting
Guitars- Parker Fly Mojo, McInturff Standard, gibson 446.
effect and amp chain- Ts9 silver (X2), Rmc-3, (To Rack) Groove Tube Trio> BBE Compressor> GCX Audio Switcher> Whammy II> Boomerang> D-Two> Dm-2000> Tc electronics M-one XL> VHT 2:90:2
SPL Transducer

strangedesign

Quote from: \"Stiles12\"the bottom two racks here are definitely the CAE audio switcher, that must be why he has two, supposedly the RS10 can run up to 4 of the switchers at once. all the pedals in his rack must be run off one of the switchers and the pedals on the floor must be the other switcher, interesting
I think you are exactly right!

www.strangedesign.org

raisingfreen

Just in case anybody gives a Sh** about what the blue box pedal is in the rack space next to the small stone its a DOD 680 Analog Delay. Do I get a prize or anything as it took a bit of time, well actually just hitting up ebay and looking at vintage pedal ads. I can prove it by a pic I have just in case. So it appears he was running two delays, the ibanez and this one.
AO Guitars - Venus Hollow Rim w/Wolftone Dr. Vintage Humbuckers
Signal: Tuner>MXR Dist+>Ross Comp>RV-3>Alesis Nano>Silverface Vibrolux

strangedesign

Quote from: raisingfreen on January 07, 2009, 08:58:21 PM
Just in case anybody gives a Sh** about what the blue box pedal is in the rack space next to the small stone its a DOD 680 Analog Delay. Do I get a prize or anything as it took a bit of time, well actually just hitting up ebay and looking at vintage pedal ads. I can prove it by a pic I have just in case. So it appears he was running two delays, the ibanez and this one.
that's definitely it. Thanks man!

www.strangedesign.org

cactuskeeb