Trey talks Ross compressor

Started by cactuskeeb, December 27, 2008, 03:33:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

strangedesign

All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

ColForbin

Current rig: 
Guitars:  AO Koa Venus, Denis Larocque Tele
Effects Board: AO Wheel-->Korg Pitchblack-->CAE M404 Wah-->Pigtronix Fat drive-->TC Electronic Alter Ego Delay-->amp
Amps:  Fender 1972 Twin Reverb

lowspark

http://phish.com/news/index.php?year=2009#story415

That pedal above his tubescreamers looks a lot like a ross compressor.....does it not?

strangedesign

Quote from: lowspark on January 08, 2009, 03:03:21 PM
http://phish.com/news/index.php?year=2009#story415

That pedal above his tube screamers looks a lot like a ross compressor.....does it not?
yep, that's the ross comp. I actually posted on another board today about that picture containing the ross comp

www.strangedesign.org

cactuskeeb

Walker done done

Lookin' a little pudgy in that photo there, eh Trey?   :P   Hey whatever it takes to get you back on top of musical blissdom!  Does look like he's aged a bit though, huh?

And I hope those folks remembered to get a Ross w/ a 9v jack installed, though I'm sure Brian could take care of that no prob if it doesn't.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

cactuskeeb

I swear, he looked worse in Spring '97.

Brian27

Looks like a new Guitar as well as a compressor. Trey got it goin on.

raisingfreen

I think your correct it does look like a new(er) guitar. The smaller switches are missing. It looks cleaner with less options I guess. Maybe slightly different wood grain and not as much damn gloss.

Hey Walker, chime in on your thoughts. Does this look like a different guitar than what he was using?
Christ, you'd think he would clean out the closet of basically a multitude of similar languedoc guitars and donate sale proceeds or something. How many docs do you need? I mean hook a brother (or sista) up.

Then again I bet non of us would sell them if we had them. Maybe to pay off the mortgage and just keep one.
AO Guitars - Venus Hollow Rim w/Wolftone Dr. Vintage Humbuckers
Signal: Tuner>MXR Dist+>Ross Comp>RV-3>Alesis Nano>Silverface Vibrolux

Walker done done

Mos def is a new(er) guitar, or at least one we've never seen before.  I'm guessing it's a travel guitar, maybe one he uses to carry around with him & Tom on days like this when they get together to write or something.  I'd be surprised if we see this put to the stage.  I'm still wondering what the hell that guitar on stage on IT was all about - the one with the single pup.  Anyone?  Buehler???
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Brian27

Did they play walfredo at IT? If so that might be one of Mikes Guitars

Walker done done

Quote from: Brian27 on January 09, 2009, 05:37:07 PM
Did they play walfredo at IT? If so that might be one of Mikes Guitars

They did not play Walfredo....

Loop 3 Boomerang+

Stiles12

Dont know where I read this, I will try and find it but I heard at rothbury someone stole his languedoc. After Rothburry, he was using different guitars, In burlington with TAB he used Page's green doc.

again I will look for where I read that, but that is probably why he has another one.
Guitars- Parker Fly Mojo, McInturff Standard, gibson 446.
effect and amp chain- Ts9 silver (X2), Rmc-3, (To Rack) Groove Tube Trio> BBE Compressor> GCX Audio Switcher> Whammy II> Boomerang> D-Two> Dm-2000> Tc electronics M-one XL> VHT 2:90:2
SPL Transducer

strangedesign

Quote from: posternutbag on January 12, 2009, 09:42:47 PM
^ that was just a rumor because he didnt bring his doc to rothbury.... However, he has gotten a new Doc from Paul that has much simpler control layout IE no mini toggles. So no, no one stole a guitar from Trey ever. Only mike had his dragon Doc bass stolen and it has yet to be recovered.
i wonder if Mike's bass will ever show up? Wasn't it stolen back in the early 90's? It was probably some young kid and he probably sold it for gas money, nuggets and doses. The person that now owns it probably doesn't even know it was stolen.

www.strangedesign.org