Main Menu

New Pedal Search

Started by the_great_lemon, November 21, 2011, 11:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShockedAndPersuaded

I know it's a lot of cash to cough up but if you can swing it the Neo Ventilator will be the last rotary sim you'll ever buy. It is hands down the best Leslie sim I've ever owned.
Guitars: 4 custom built, '79 LP standard, '69 ES 355, '83 LP Jr, '02 PRS HB II, '99 Strat>Bypass looper: Whammy II>Clyde Deluxe Wah>Maxon OD9Pro+>Cusack Tap-A-Whirl>Deja Vibe>Neo Ventilator>Fuchs TDS 100
Effects Loop: DD-7(short)>DD-7(long)

webephishin

well, my new pedal search was a success...I went to the guitar store today to try out an OCD or Full Drive 2 but they didn't have any. The guy suggested to me the MXR Custom Badass Modified OD and I love the thing...sounds amazing with my ts9 AM silver.  There's a pretty good amount of control that comes with it too with the 100 Hz knob and BUMP knob! Any of you guys try it out?
Guitars: Schecter c/sh-1 (SD 59 PUPs), Michael Kelly Valor CT, Fender Montara Acoustic/Electric

Effects: Boss tuner > Digitech Whammy II > Dunlop GCB95 Crybaby > EH micro Qtron > MXR Script Phase 90 > Dunlop Univibe > SD SFX-07 (Shape Shifter) Tremolo > TS9 AM Silver > TS9DX > Ross Compressor (Black) > Boss DD-7 w/FS-5U

Amp: Fender Hot Rod Deville 410

the_great_lemon

Haven't played one myself, but it's getting a fair amount of attention on TGP...I'll go check it out this weekend to see what all the commotion is about!
Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Traditional, 1992 Gibson SG Standard
Effects: Boss OC-2 Octave -> Garmopatmods Vox V847 -> Mojo Vibe -> Boss Blues Driver -> Mad Professor Sweet Honey OD -> Ross Compressor -> Boss GE-7 -> MXR Carbon Copy -> TC Ditto Looper
Amps: Fender Blues Jr. NOS, Epiphone Valve Jr.

ColForbin

So I do this a lot, but I got to throw out the Signa Drive (by cmatmods) in this discussion for od pedals.  It's very transparent and very awesome.  I actually liked it better than my King of tone, sacrilege, I know.  I ended up selling the KOT and keeping the Signa Drive, which was opposite to my original plan.  Super versatile, and for  $135, it's an amazing value.
Current rig: 
Guitars:  AO Koa Venus, Denis Larocque Tele
Effects Board: AO Wheel-->Korg Pitchblack-->CAE M404 Wah-->Pigtronix Fat drive-->TC Electronic Alter Ego Delay-->amp
Amps:  Fender 1972 Twin Reverb

the_great_lemon

Quote from: MomaDan on February 21, 2012, 11:22:32 PM
Hey lemon what do you think of the SHOD? They seem to have a lot of hype right now

Oh man, I love the darn thing.  Super dynamic which is huge for me, really great note definition when playing chords, and solos cut through nicely with it.  The hands down best OD I've ever played in my semi-pro musical career.  I also have the printed circuit board version, so idk if the handwired would sound that much better....Btw, does anyone know the difference between the SHOD and the Bearfoot HBOD if any?  Both have the BJF design thing on them?

Also, got my patch cables in a couple days ago from soldered sound, which are made with pancake ends and evidence audio cable.  They reallllllly cleaned up a lot of noise i was hearing, and the tone is just clearer. Doesn't quite deserve the classic "like a blanket being taken off the amp" saying but its in a similar realm.  Can't wait for the AO cables to replace my Monster Standard 100 cables going from guitar to pedals, and from pedals to my amp.  Mojo vibe is also on the way  ;D
Effects: Boss OC-2 Octave -> Garmopatmods Vox V847 -> Mojo Vibe -> Boss Blues Driver -> Mad Professor Sweet Honey OD -> Ross Compressor -> Boss GE-7 -> MXR Carbon Copy -> TC Ditto Looper

the_great_lemon

Quote from: ColForbin on February 29, 2012, 07:40:05 AM
So I do this a lot, but I got to throw out the Signa Drive (by cmatmods) in this discussion for od pedals.  It's very transparent and very awesome.  I actually liked it better than my King of tone, sacrilege, I know.  I ended up selling the KOT and keeping the Signa Drive, which was opposite to my original plan.  Super versatile, and for  $135, it's an amazing value.

I would like to second this opinion. I just picked up a Signa Drive about 2 weeks ago.  At first, I wasn't too impressed but after spending some time with it, figuring out how it stacks with my SHOD/Blues Driver, turning the knobs, etc. I think it is up there with the best of the best overdrive pedals.  I've found that I use the clean-boost-ish mode the most running into my Sweet Honey (which is now set for a lower gain sound).  Ive started using this is my main 'Overdriven sound' and found that it cuts through the mix extremely well and has great clarity.  All this plus the price point make it a great addition to anyone's collection....

You can hear how it sounds in a trio setting here:
https://soundcloud.com/saucey-jams/january-18-2013

I click it on a little after 4:20 (heh)