Main Menu

One Heady Rig

Started by Heady Jam Fan, March 23, 2013, 09:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happyorange27

A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

Heady Jam Fan

Thanks Happy! Here is step 2:

Got the Express Plus 5:25 in a Tweed rack that I got on eBay (I think it was from Fromel who makes the Shape EQ, but not certain). Anyway, its a full size rack, so it goes kinda ridiculously far back, but leaves space for my reverb tank - the rack is made of wood, so I just screwed the tank into the wood, easy-'nough.

PS - stacking all three of those is a bit precarious, lol. Looks cool though.

GC told me the Avatar cab came with 2 Celestion Heritage G12M speakers (20w each) so I was planning on selling them. When I got the cab, they had 2 Celestion Heritage G12H55's. Much bigger magnet and 30w power handling. They were dark, but smooth and creamy - real Hendrix-esque. I kept one in there and toss in my Mesa V30, sounded awesome in the brief/quiet test.

All I am waiting for is:
A speaker cable with a right angle jack that will fit inside the rack with my MKIII
A jackplate with series, parallel and stereo inputs (my MKIII only has 2 6L6's in it so it wants to see 8 or 16ohms, impossible w/ 2 8ohm speakers).

I loving the sound when mic'ing both speakers and hard panning (or pretty hard panning). I liked it more than one close mic and one about 4" back hard panned (a al Trey).

I am pretty sure I will be selling one G12H55 and my WGS Blackhawk (custom - 100w voice coil).
Headless Hollowbody > Mesa Boogie MK III > TRM Trucker 212 w/ V30's
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9