Main Menu

My rig!!

Started by TheSeeker, May 15, 2013, 07:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSeeker

PRS Custom SE with 59' Humbuckers, and Schaller Locking Tuners

The Board

Fender HRD with Weber Blue Dog, and JJ6l6's
PRS SE Semi-Hollow>Korg Tuner>Whammy ii>TS-9 Silver>TS-9 Silver>Ross Compressor>Delay>Ditto>Microverb>CAE Black Cat Vibe>Fender HRD (Weber Blue Dog)

Heady Jam Fan

Nice!

Is that PRS a semi? How do you like it? I was looking at the Hollow II when I got my guitar. The 25" fret scale is interesting.

Where's your Microverb? Is that FS5L supposed to control it (when its plugged in)?

So you picked a Black Ross - was that a tonal choice, or was the Grey just not enough better to justify the price?
I had my sustain about the same as yours, but turned it all the way down last week.

Weber's a good speaker - love an Alnico Gold/Blue or clone in a Fender!
Headless Hollowbody > Mesa Boogie MK III > TRM Trucker 212 w/ V30's
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9

TheSeeker

Yeah it's the semi.....I love it man!  For 700 bucks you can't beat it!!  The stock pups aren't very good, but once I put the 59's in it...it really made it shine.   I've always wanted to get a Mcarty Hollowbody (I just prefer it over the HB II), but I decided instead of dropping all that money on one I'll just get the semi for now and save up for an Artinger or an AO.

I have the microverb velcro'd on top of my amp, and I do use the FS5L to control it.  I may end up getting a TB loop for the microverb and the whammy.

I actually like the black and gray Ross equally.  I don't really hear that much of a difference in sound, but they both have their own personality imo.  I swap them out every once in a while, just so I can get to know each of them...I know that must sound a little strange..lol.  
I used to have the volume at 12 and the sustain at 9, but for me the sweet spot is right where I have it.  When I had it the other way, I was getting way too much distortion, especially when I kicked the other screamer on.  With these settings, I can have both of them on and get that beautiful sustain that lasts for days!  I use the volume on my guitar to control the amount of dirt, as do most of us on here.  

I just got that Weber a few weeks ago and I think it's probably the best 200 bucks I've ever spent.  It really made a huuuuugge difference!!  I was a little weary at first, but I'm so glad I did it!!  
PRS SE Semi-Hollow>Korg Tuner>Whammy ii>TS-9 Silver>TS-9 Silver>Ross Compressor>Delay>Ditto>Microverb>CAE Black Cat Vibe>Fender HRD (Weber Blue Dog)

Happyorange27

A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

fulltone1989

Awesome rig! I myself am looking for a new speaker so I'll have to consider the Blue Dog. Did you go Alnico or Ceramic? What wattage?
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

TheSeeker

Thanks guys!!  I got the Alnico 50w....I emailed Weber asking what speaker they would recommend to help with that Treyish tone, and he emailed me back recommending the Blue dog Alnico.  He was dead on!!!  It sounds amazing!!

fulltone1989

Nice! Yeah I was thinking the Alnico 50w, my amp's a 45 watter so it works out!
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.