New Guy, here's what I got

Started by No Nice Guy, July 28, 2013, 06:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_great_lemon

Welcome!!!

I've been a fan of the MXR Carbon Copy ever since I picked it up years ago.  It does not have all the awesome different sounds you can get with the Flashback but a true analog delay is tough to beat; however YMMV as per usual.  Try them out at a GC or Sam Ash near you if you can and see which you like better (along with some other delays in the price range? TC Nova Repeater, Boss DD series, etc.). Happy hunting!
Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Traditional, 1992 Gibson SG Standard
Effects: Boss OC-2 Octave -> Garmopatmods Vox V847 -> Mojo Vibe -> Boss Blues Driver -> Mad Professor Sweet Honey OD -> Ross Compressor -> Boss GE-7 -> MXR Carbon Copy -> TC Ditto Looper
Amps: Fender Blues Jr. NOS, Epiphone Valve Jr.

No Nice Guy

Quote from: the_great_lemon on September 03, 2013, 01:24:32 AM
Welcome!!!

I've been a fan of the MXR Carbon Copy ever since I picked it up years ago.  It does not have all the awesome different sounds you can get with the Flashback but a true analog delay is tough to beat; however YMMV as per usual.  Try them out at a GC or Sam Ash near you if you can and see which you like better (along with some other delays in the price range? TC Nova Repeater, Boss DD series, etc.). Happy hunting!

I had went and tried a few (Memory Boy, Carbon Copy, DD, Way Huge Aqua Pass, a couple more), and came out with a Flashback.  It's worked well.  However, I recently moved into an apartment with the walls as thick as your average dorm room, and not a lot of space, so I haven't really been able to plug in too much, and I haven't used my pedals in almost a month. 

I also made another thread about it, but I'm thinking of getting a new amp too.
Guitars:  Phred Ernesto, Michael Kelly Hourglass

Pedal Chain:  Korg Tuner > TS9 > Silver TS9 > Ross Clone > Phase 90 > Boss Tremolo > Whammy V > TC Flashback > TC Ditto

Amp:  Blues Jr

fulltone1989

Quote from: No Nice Guy on September 18, 2013, 12:19:07 AM
Welcome!!!

I had went and tried a few (Memory Boy, Carbon Copy, DD, Way Huge Aqua Pass, a couple more), and came out with a Flashback.  It's worked well.  However, I recently moved into an apartment with the walls as thick as your average dorm room, and not a lot of space, so I haven't really been able to plug in too much, and I haven't used my pedals in almost a month. 

Flashbacks are cool, Im thinking of picking one up for my smaller board. Are you looking for clean headroom, channel switch? The Blues JR has a 12" right?
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

No Nice Guy

Quote from: fulltone1989 on September 18, 2013, 08:40:14 AM
Welcome!!!

Flashbacks are cool, Im thinking of picking one up for my smaller board. Are you looking for clean headroom, channel switch? The Blues JR has a 12" right?

I made a thread about it somewhere.  I'm looking for a drive channel that doesn't suck mainly.  I made a thread here (you replied to it too it looks like).  Yeah, BJ is a 1x12.

http://strangedesign.org/forums/index.php?topic=2163.0
Guitars:  Phred Ernesto, Michael Kelly Hourglass

Pedal Chain:  Korg Tuner > TS9 > Silver TS9 > Ross Clone > Phase 90 > Boss Tremolo > Whammy V > TC Flashback > TC Ditto

Amp:  Blues Jr

fulltone1989

Quote from: No Nice Guy on September 18, 2013, 03:23:20 PM
Quote from: fulltone1989 on September 18, 2013, 08:40:14 AM
Welcome!!!

I made a thread about it somewhere.  I'm looking for a drive channel that doesn't suck mainly.  I made a thread here (you replied to it too it looks like).  Yeah, BJ is a 1x12.

http://strangedesign.org/forums/index.php?topic=2163.0

Lol, yeah sometimes I get goldfish memory, haze inducing. Another option is if you can find an Omega modded hotrod those are very nice and probably right above your price range. Vast improvement over the stock amp.
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.