Main Menu

Mark III Settings

Started by express50express, August 13, 2013, 02:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

express50express

I'm sure this has been talked about many times, but does anyone know how Trey has his controls dialed in on his Mark III? Does anyone have a picture of what each dial is set at and which ones are pulled out?

IamWILSON

There is a thread or 2 on here that we've shared some settings, and even posted pics of Trey's MkIII.  I know it was HeadyJamFan who posted alot of the info.  Try the search function in here and I'm sure you'll come across them.  Or if you message Heady, I'm sure he may be better at pointing you to the thread than myself.
Guitars: Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AS80, Ibanez AF75, Malden Holly Keyser [SD Jazz (neck), SD '59 (bridge)], Carlo Robelli USH-500HB, Martin DC-1E ('98), and a Peavey Grind 5-string bass.

Effects in chain: Whammy II (dry out to Korg Tuner), RMC6, TS-9 ('82), TS-808 ('81), Ross Compressor, Fulltone SupaTrem, Fulltone DejaVibe2, TC Elec Nova Repeater, Ibanez Digital Modulation Delay III (DML20), Boomerang+, Alesis Microverb I, H&K Rotosphere MkII --> amps.

Amps: Mesa Boogie MkIII Blue Stripe, Egnator Rebel 20 head > Mesa Boogie Road King 2x12 cab, Fender Blues Jr. Humboldt, Marshall VS102R, Fender Champion 600, and Fender Frontman 25R.

Effects currently not in chain: Ross Compressor (MIT), Keeley Compressor (2-knob), Keeley TS-9, and TS-9 ('82).

Walker done done

Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

express50express

thanks, which knobs are pulled. treble i think yes. what about bass or master?

Heady Jam Fan

Along with the thread walker posted, iirc, I posted pics and knob settings from the recent rig video. That includes pulled knobs. Imo, the settings largely depend on the speaker and tubes. If your using 6l6s and v30s, I agree with the slightly varied, various settings posted on various threads. However, if you have a mark iii, you might be using an evm12l like I am. With that speaker, I prefer el34s, keeping the bass knob at 0, dropping the 80hz slider way down, and boosting the 2200hz. I find this gets me the mids of a v30 with the punch and smoothness of the evm. I had been using a footswitch to turn on the geq for leads, buy decided to put a delay and eq pedal in a loop and use the geq for general tone shaping. In my settings, I don't pull any knobs, but I add more treble for gigs. Anyway, with the ev and el34s, I think I'm getting my best tone in a long time. This amp rocks!
Headless Hollowbody > Mesa Boogie MK III > TRM Trucker 212 w/ V30's
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9

fulltone1989

Damn I want a MKIII now too!
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

Heady Jam Fan

Headless Hollowbody > Mesa Boogie MK III > TRM Trucker 212 w/ V30's
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9

fulltone1989

Quote from: Heady Jam Fan on August 17, 2013, 12:18:25 AM
Quote from: fulltone1989 on August 16, 2013, 12:42:27 PM
Damn I want a MKIII now too!

You should.

It'd be primarily for the cleans. Had one for a bit back in the day and really enjoyed that channel.
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

Jkendrick

At one point I had Trey's early 90s settings. I sat on stage with him during a break in Telluride in '91 and jotted down his settings on a cocktail napkin as I had a Boogie back then too. I sold the amp and threw away the napkin though. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
1989 Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 (Seymour Duncan 59s), POS Fender acoustic
'78 Silverface Fender Deluxe Reverb (Weber California w/ paper cone)
Teese RMC3 Wah> Boss Tu-3 Tuner> MXR Phase 45> Ibanez TS9 (Keeley modded)> TS808 (Analogman TV)> Keeley Compressor (two knob)>VFE Rocket Boost EQ> Boss DD-3> DigiTech JamMan Solo XT