Main Menu

New Guitar!

Started by Deadicated Phan, January 03, 2014, 12:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deadicated Phan

So I just got a PRS Hollowbody II, and all I can say is its awesome! It doesn't have the piezo pickup, which is fine, I heard mixed reviews on them. This thing gets some serious sustain and feedback with some dirt. The only thing I'm thinking about changing is the neck pickup. All in all its a great guitar, and I got for a great price. Here's some pics

=125921859&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0]http://s1145.photobucket.com/user/Jerry1996x/media/image_zps7484d1e8.jpg.html?filters[user]=125921859&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

=125921859&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=1]http://s1145.photobucket.com/user/Jerry1996x/media/image_zpsb0d74ea7.jpg.html?filters[user]=125921859&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=1
RMC 3>Whammy 4>AM ts-9 Brown>Maxon OD808>GCX--Mutron 3+>Boss Octave>DOD 250+>Phase 100>DM2000>Microverb 1>Boomerang+

Guitar: PRS Hollowbody II, Fender American Strat w/ Custom Shop Fat 50s
Amp: 1965 Fender Deluxe Amp, 1972 Blackfaced Twin Reverb
Cabs: Deluxe w/ Celestial Gold, Twin w/ stock speakers, Marshall 4x12 w/ Emi. Red, White, and Blues, Hard Truckers JG-1 w/ JBL K120 (looking for another speaker to go with it)

Heady Jam Fan

Wow, thats awesome. I love the finish. Always wanted one of those!
Headless Hollowbody > Mesa Boogie MK III > TRM Trucker 212 w/ V30's
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9

Happyorange27

A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

webephishin

Hey Phan, is that a Michael Kelly Valor CT that I see with the pickups out of the socket when I scroll through those pics?! I have that guitar but it doesnt stay in tune very well....its a beautiful guitar, bitg ur PRS and the MK...I play a Schecter semi hollow instead of the MK and I never have the problem of it going out of tune.
Guitars: Schecter c/sh-1 (SD 59 PUPs), Michael Kelly Valor CT, Fender Montara Acoustic/Electric

Effects: Boss tuner > Digitech Whammy II > Dunlop GCB95 Crybaby > EH micro Qtron > MXR Script Phase 90 > Dunlop Univibe > SD SFX-07 (Shape Shifter) Tremolo > TS9 AM Silver > TS9DX > Ross Compressor (Black) > Boss DD-7 w/FS-5U

Amp: Fender Hot Rod Deville 410

Deadicated Phan

It is! I got it with the hope of modding it into a totally different guitar, but since I'm in the middle of doing the same to an Ibanez MC 300 it's kinda been put in the corner. I don't think it has been in playable condition since I've had it. I found it on a friends porch with no bridge and he said I could have it   :D
RMC 3>Whammy 4>AM ts-9 Brown>Maxon OD808>GCX--Mutron 3+>Boss Octave>DOD 250+>Phase 100>DM2000>Microverb 1>Boomerang+

Guitar: PRS Hollowbody II, Fender American Strat w/ Custom Shop Fat 50s
Amp: 1965 Fender Deluxe Amp, 1972 Blackfaced Twin Reverb
Cabs: Deluxe w/ Celestial Gold, Twin w/ stock speakers, Marshall 4x12 w/ Emi. Red, White, and Blues, Hard Truckers JG-1 w/ JBL K120 (looking for another speaker to go with it)

fulltone1989

Quote from: Deadicated Phan on January 05, 2014, 06:14:15 PM
It is! I got it with the hope of modding it into a totally different guitar, but since I'm in the middle of doing the same to an Ibanez MC 300 it's kinda been put in the corner. I don't think it has been in playable condition since I've had it. I found it on a friends porch with no bridge and he said I could have it   :D

Do tell! I am thinking of changing the OOP option on the Tri sound to a more usable option but besides that nothing.
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

webephishin

Quote from: Deadicated Phan on January 05, 2014, 06:14:15 PM

Yeah one thing that sucks about the MK is that the neck is built so far into the body of the guitar its hard to stretch your fingers to hit those hgigh notes.  :-\
Guitars: Schecter c/sh-1 (SD 59 PUPs), Michael Kelly Valor CT, Fender Montara Acoustic/Electric

Effects: Boss tuner > Digitech Whammy II > Dunlop GCB95 Crybaby > EH micro Qtron > MXR Script Phase 90 > Dunlop Univibe > SD SFX-07 (Shape Shifter) Tremolo > TS9 AM Silver > TS9DX > Ross Compressor (Black) > Boss DD-7 w/FS-5U

Amp: Fender Hot Rod Deville 410