Main Menu

Trey's Speakers

Started by the_great_lemon, April 08, 2012, 06:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_great_lemon

Hey guys...I've been wanting to replace the speaker in my Blues Jr. and while doing some research, naturally I tried to find what speaker Trey used to no avail.  I know in Page's Deluxe for his Clav he runs an Alnico Blue, but what about Trey in his Deluxe and old 'Doc cabinets?

I think it was happyorange (maybe, maybe not) who posted that he thought trey used Vintage 30s early on. Thoughts?
Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Traditional, 1992 Gibson SG Standard
Effects: Boss OC-2 Octave -> Garmopatmods Vox V847 -> Mojo Vibe -> Boss Blues Driver -> Mad Professor Sweet Honey OD -> Ross Compressor -> Boss GE-7 -> MXR Carbon Copy -> TC Ditto Looper
Amps: Fender Blues Jr. NOS, Epiphone Valve Jr.

Heady Jam Fan

I am pretty sure the consensus is that he uses Celestion Blues, not sure if that was different early on though.

I like the Eminence Red Fang, which I have in my Bassman, I also have a Weber Blue Dog which is pretty much brand new. I like both a lot, the Blue Dog needs to be broken in still, which I haven't had the time to do, and it is ceramic (so it ought to fit in a Blue Junior while an Alnico often won't).

Weber gave me the Blue Dog after I did an audio comparison and review of it (compared to the Red Fang). If you want to try it out let me know - I just haven't gotten around to using it.
Headless Hollowbody > Mesa Boogie MK III > TRM Trucker 212 w/ V30's
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9