Phish Presentation

Started by YouEnjoyMyReba, April 17, 2010, 03:05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YouEnjoyMyReba

So I have the honor of doing a presentation on phish for my history of rock music class and we get to show a clip from youtube on the band we chose.  I want to show a clip of trey raging so im thinking about showing weekapaug from vegas 96 but the presentation can only be 10 minutes long.

Any suggestions on what i should show these people to give them the best idea of the world of phish?
LP Gibson Studio> Whammy II (currently not in rig)> Vox wah 847 (garmopat mod)>Ts9 (silver) X2> BiComp> Boomerang+> FDR '65 reissue

Walker done done

I think you should show the Icculus clip from Hartford last summer! 
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Brian27

when is the last time you opened a fuckin book icculus?

YouEnjoyMyReba

you're nothing without reading the book. you are nothing
LP Gibson Studio> Whammy II (currently not in rig)> Vox wah 847 (garmopat mod)>Ts9 (silver) X2> BiComp> Boomerang+> FDR '65 reissue

sour d

Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

patrickstefanski

show them the scene from bittersweet when trey is comaparing himself to arnold
Current Rig:
Ron Kirn Barn Buster Telecaster---->Crybaby-->Ross Compressor--->Analogman King of Tone(just replaced my two TS9-Silver Mods)--->Ernie Ball Volume Pedal---> Fender Deluxe Reverb RI.  All connected using AO Guitars custom cables which are insane.

WOAH! New Blog! Check out my AO Guitars 'Doc Build here: www.patrickstefanski.com/blog *******UPDATED 03/11/11

YouEnjoyMyReba

presentations in 3 hours and im thinkin about switchin the clip to the jam from Reba Halloween 94.  What do yall think?

HunSanity

you could always show the openinng to Wilson from "a live one" and focus that part of it on fan participation..(you know how trey waives on and fist pumps as the crowd chants WIIIILSOOONNNNN) you should def have crowd participation as one of the things you talk about that seperates them from the normal band..
it might not be a clip that shows their sick acrobatics, but it focuses in on a topic that you can weave in to you presentation as a whole.. (crowd participation)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRnueJP2k9A

its actually prob somehting your teacher would notice, just saying..

not to mention its short and sweet.. you could show four seconds of it and then show somehting else that highlights the musical sickness..

check out Silverchair's channel he has mad footage..