Marshall AVT-150H

Started by zlew3885, January 31, 2009, 02:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zlew3885

Theres one over at a local pawn shop for $150.  Even just to buy and turn around to make a few bucks what does everyone think of this amp?

Poster

cactuskeeb

Don't be a fool.  Could you buy a worse, less sought after amplifier, than this waste of raw materials?  This isn't meant to be a rhetorical question: in truth, I can't think of what could be considered sub-par to this amp.

Poster

i played a crate 1x12 solid state from maybe 92 that could rival this thing in a worst tone ever showdown lol

cactuskeeb

That's hilarious, because I was thinking the exact same thing immediately after reading your initial post.  I think it was the Crate G12.  Anyway, it was mandated that for new players aged 13-15 in 92-93 one's parents had to buy this amp along with every strat or les paul copy that completed the package. 

raisingfreen

Just thought I would recommend that for $150 you could get a Ephiphone Valve Junior. Nice and simple and wont break the bank. There are lots of used ones and it's a tube amp. Rather than tell you what not to buy I felt maybe a suggestion would be better. Maybe a used Princeton Chorus, Solid state yes but a good starting point that will serve you well in the beginning.

Anyone else care to chime in and offer a suggestion (I know he did not ask for one). If you need and amp and can spend $150 what to do?

Used Flextone III maybe? Maybe another tube amp that has not been discussed can cost less than around $150?

Let the fun begin!
AO Guitars - Venus Hollow Rim w/Wolftone Dr. Vintage Humbuckers
Signal: Tuner>MXR Dist+>Ross Comp>RV-3>Alesis Nano>Silverface Vibrolux

Poster

I didnt know he was asking about amps for around 150$

Personally, if I had a 150 dollar budget I would simply order a basic chassis kit to fit one of the most basic circuits. Like maybe a class A 5w mini tube amp. Then spend your left over 75 bucks for a nice guitar amp microphone and a set of Chinese tubes for the preamp and power section