Favorite Epics

Started by gratephulphish123, September 06, 2007, 11:05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gratephulphish123

I personally love it when phish devotes the entire second set to a really firey heaven and hell jamfest, but theres so many good ones.  Currently i'm divided between the bowie on live phish vol 20 and the IT fest ghost... but what are your guys favorites?

strangedesign

Quote from: \"gratephulphish123\"I personally love it when phish devotes the entire second set to a really firey heaven and hell jamfest, but theres so many good ones.  Currently i'm divided between the bowie on live phish vol 20 and the IT fest ghost... but what are your guys favorites?
Just because I was there my favorites are...

1. the  You Enjoy Myself > Brick House > You Enjoy Myself from 11-18-95 North Charleston Coliseum, North Charleston, SC

2. the Runaway Jim from 06-16-95 Walnut Creek Amphitheatre, Raleigh, NC that last around 45min

3. the Tweezer-> Johnny B. Goode > Tweezer 06-17-95 Nissan Pavillion at Stone Ridge, Gainseville, VA. That was the fist Johnny B. Goode was ever played
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

Erictw83

Maybe not quite epic in length (~15 min each), but for hellish, twisted phish jamming, I dig the Bowie and the Split Open and Melt from Clifford ball day 1.  I've been addicted to the clifford ball lately... oh so good!

strangedesign

Quote from: \"Erictw83\"Maybe not quite epic in length (~15 min each), but for hellish, twisted phish jamming, I dig the Bowie and the Split Open and Melt from Clifford ball day 1.  I've been addicted to the clifford ball lately... oh so good!

Here is me and my at the Clifford Ball
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

gratephulphish123

i'm bit torrenting the ball as we speak, never heard it and wasnt old enough to have seen it  :?

Phish

Set 2 of this show with DWD>Moby dick>DWD

Erictw83

Right on dude! You lucky bastard!  Both days of the clifford ball are simply fantastic.  That must have been quite the good time.  Ahh, to have been old enough, I was born a bit too late.

Erictw83

I'm gonna add another to the epic list...Ghost off of Live Phish Vol. 11, 11/17/97, Denver,CO.  It's one of those jams on a slow smoldering burn, slowly building, and building, and building into infinity.  Definitely one of favorites.

Walker done done

The only festivals that I missed were Clifford Ball (just couldn't make it, also not totally into them at this point - still neck deep into the Dead and nothing else) and Big Cypress ($ and time issues).

- Great Went: my first shows.  awesome.
- Lemonwheel: best festival ever.  Two words: Gel tabs.  Two more words: uhhh......uhhhh.......
- Oswego: hotter than a tit in hellfire lava-in-the-oven.  But a fun show.  Really fun.
- IT: fun, but not as well done as the Went or Wheel.  They should've left things alone and not tried to change things up.  Didn't like the stage set-up at all, and the music wasn't as masterful as previous years.  GREAT Bowie from here though.
Coventry: So much has been written about how awful it was, and it's all true.  I had a good time, but what a pain in the ass and the music hurt to listen to at points.  But the Velvet Sea was quite epic, and brought tears to everyone I saw.

I just realized this has nothing to do with the topic, so I'm gonna bow out and try to think of my favorite epic.  I'll be back.

(on a side note, maybe I'll start a \"Festivals\" thread......:)
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

gratephulphish123

Quote from: \"Erictw83\"I'm gonna add another to the epic list...Ghost off of Live Phish Vol. 11, 11/17/97, Denver,CO.  It's one of those jams on a slow smoldering burn, slowly building, and building, and building into infinity.  Definitely one of favorites.

i've been lookin for 11 for a while now, i'm gonna have to pay amazon.jerk all that shipping money cause noone has it. i wish the live phish series was available on livephish.com

Erictw83

Vol. 11 is sweet!! The first set is super smooth jammy, ...seriously its only like a 4 song set, ~15-20 minutes each for tweezer, reba , ghost.  The second set has a sweet jam entitled \"denver jam\" and then follows with an awesome jesus left chicago, and a good yem.  The first disc is my favorite though.  It's 60 minutes of pure groove.

SharinginaWickaboagGroove

Mike's Song from NYE 95 really tickles my salami in all the right ways.

But I have to aggree with the Live Phish Vol. 11. one of the best shows available on Live Phish, the Tweezer and Ghost are out of this world, and the YEM on disc 3 is about as funky as you can get on this planet