REALLY Want to buy a CAE Super Tremolo

Started by Collingslaw, September 08, 2011, 03:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IamWILSON

Those Doc pix are way SWEET!  What wood's did you use?  Is that maple top?  Would you mind posting any pics of the back?  And did I mention that it looks SWEEEEEET!!!
Guitars: Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AS80, Ibanez AF75, Malden Holly Keyser [SD Jazz (neck), SD '59 (bridge)], Carlo Robelli USH-500HB, Martin DC-1E ('98), and a Peavey Grind 5-string bass.

Effects in chain: Whammy II (dry out to Korg Tuner), RMC6, TS-9 ('82), TS-808 ('81), Ross Compressor, Fulltone SupaTrem, Fulltone DejaVibe2, TC Elec Nova Repeater, Ibanez Digital Modulation Delay III (DML20), Boomerang+, Alesis Microverb I, H&K Rotosphere MkII --> amps.

Amps: Mesa Boogie MkIII Blue Stripe, Egnator Rebel 20 head > Mesa Boogie Road King 2x12 cab, Fender Blues Jr. Humboldt, Marshall VS102R, Fender Champion 600, and Fender Frontman 25R.

Effects currently not in chain: Ross Compressor (MIT), Keeley Compressor (2-knob), Keeley TS-9, and TS-9 ('82).

Collingslaw

Thanks, man.  It's a curly maple top with a finish that gives a more mellow color as opposed to some of the other tops that are almost bright white in appearance.  Back and side are padauk.  Believe it or not, I actually am shipping the guitar back to Paul today because when it arrived last year, it had an indention of a phillips head screw on one of the sides.  Apparently it had happened in transit to me -- one of the screws from the inside of the case managed to cause the issue (but probably only after Fed Ex jostled it around too much).  It's not bad, but it was certainly disappointing to see when I opened up the case and took the guitar out for the first time.

In any event, I told Paul about it and he said I could ship it back to him any time and he'd fix it.  (P.S. Paul is the man!) Because he estimated that the fix would take several weeks, I haven't had the heart to let go of it until now.  I'll get it back probably at the end of October and will take some shots when I get it back. 

Walker done done

Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

raisingfreen

Custom Audio Electronics Super Tremolo..........$610.00 (ended today)
Custom Audio Electronics Black Cat Vibe..........$1,025.00 (ended today)

Apparently, sounding like Trey costs some money. Congrats to the winner of these fine items. I hope you have insurance.

I wonder of it would be easier to just collectively purchase this stuff and have it all in a StrangeDesign playground where we could all go and hook into a Trey replica rig.

AO Guitars - Venus Hollow Rim w/Wolftone Dr. Vintage Humbuckers
Signal: Tuner>MXR Dist+>Ross Comp>RV-3>Alesis Nano>Silverface Vibrolux

Collingslaw

I won the Super Tremolo auction.  $610 is a reasonable price based on my poking around.

That BCV auction was just plain ridonkulous.  $1025?!?!? 

I am waiting for the new BCVs to come out in December and will get one for less. 

I will say this though -- Buying high quality sheeot -- although expensive -- is cheaper in the long run.  If I could go back to square 1 and NOT purchase all of the crappy music gear that I have purchased in my life (while trying to cut corners and save a nickel) and instead just buy high quality gear from the start, then I would have come out a lot better.

With that said, I learned a lot through each of those purchases and it's tough to put a dollar value on that knowledge.   

Happyorange27

Quote from: Collingslaw on September 20, 2011, 03:57:02 PM
I won the Super Tremolo auction.  $610 is a reasonable price based on my poking around.

That BCV auction was just plain ridonkulous.  $1025?!?!? 

I am waiting for the new BCVs to come out in December and will get one for less. 

I will say this though -- Buying high quality sheeot -- although expensive -- is cheaper in the long run.  If I could go back to square 1 and NOT purchase all of the crappy music gear that I have purchased in my life (while trying to cut corners and save a nickel) and instead just buy high quality gear from the start, then I would have come out a lot better.

With that said, I learned a lot through each of those purchases and it's tough to put a dollar value on that knowledge.   

I'm glad you added that last part about knowledge.  I think everyone should go through the dumpster to get to the penthouse.  If you just are handed the good stuff right away, how can you appreciate it?

A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

picture_of_nectar

Quote from: Collingslaw on September 19, 2011, 08:09:04 AM
Thanks, man.  It's a curly maple top with a finish that gives a more mellow color as opposed to some of the other tops that are almost bright white in appearance.  Back and side are padauk.  Believe it or not, I actually am shipping the guitar back to Paul today because when it arrived last year, it had an indention of a phillips head screw on one of the sides.  Apparently it had happened in transit to me -- one of the screws from the inside of the case managed to cause the issue (but probably only after Fed Ex jostled it around too much).  It's not bad, but it was certainly disappointing to see when I opened up the case and took the guitar out for the first time.

In any event, I told Paul about it and he said I could ship it back to him any time and he'd fix it.  (P.S. Paul is the man!) Because he estimated that the fix would take several weeks, I haven't had the heart to let go of it until now.  I'll get it back probably at the end of October and will take some shots when I get it back.  

Dude that's a shame. Where are there screws inside the case? sounds pretty weird. I like the Amber color also, i went the same route.
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

Collingslaw

Yeah -- screws are inside the case.  If you sort of peel back the cushioning in the case, you'll see screws that hold the exterior of the case together. I don't know how it happened, but one of those screws lined up perfectly with the indention on my guitar.  FedEx must have  really done a number on it.  So much for the "Fragile -- Handle with Care" stickers

KevinOnutbag

That languadoc is sick man.  I was bidding on that super trem too congrats on it, guess ill have to wait on the next one. Anyway i was wondering how thick your guitar is both at the sides and in the middle where the pickus are.  Also how are you selector switches configured??  I have a equator standard  and i am gearing up to build a languadocish guitar myself and i would love if i could get some specs from the real deal too work with. 
Lp standard/Mex Strat/Equator Standard>RMC3 wah> ts9 silver mod x2> Comrossor>Fender hot rod deluxe.
Effects loop(Whammy 2>microverb>nanoverb>DM2000>Boomerang 3)