Anyone here use Band-in-a-Box (Mac)?

Started by IamWILSON, January 13, 2011, 01:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IamWILSON

I'm considering making the purchase as it seems like a great practice tool.  The problem is that I'm not very patient at figuring out how to fully use this kind of stuff.  Is it really hard to figure out?  Does it come with good variations of jazz and rock rhythm sections to not feel like your playing to the same backing tracks over and over.  I have many Aebersold play-alongs and I'm tired of practicing to the same tracks.  Some of the changes aren't the best, and some of those recordings have some disturbing shifts in tempo and sometimes are even slightly out of key.  Any feedback on Band-in-the-Box would be greatly appreciated. 
Guitars: Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AS80, Ibanez AF75, Malden Holly Keyser [SD Jazz (neck), SD '59 (bridge)], Carlo Robelli USH-500HB, Martin DC-1E ('98), and a Peavey Grind 5-string bass.

Effects in chain: Whammy II (dry out to Korg Tuner), RMC6, TS-9 ('82), TS-808 ('81), Ross Compressor, Fulltone SupaTrem, Fulltone DejaVibe2, TC Elec Nova Repeater, Ibanez Digital Modulation Delay III (DML20), Boomerang+, Alesis Microverb I, H&K Rotosphere MkII --> amps.

Amps: Mesa Boogie MkIII Blue Stripe, Egnator Rebel 20 head > Mesa Boogie Road King 2x12 cab, Fender Blues Jr. Humboldt, Marshall VS102R, Fender Champion 600, and Fender Frontman 25R.

Effects currently not in chain: Ross Compressor (MIT), Keeley Compressor (2-knob), Keeley TS-9, and TS-9 ('82).

Flavaham

I used it about 5 years ago on a PC.  It was really good for just laying down a chord progression and going to town over it.  I didn't have the full version so I never messed with putting melodies and intricate changes in it but overall, if you're looking to just jam I'd say it's well worth it.  I'm sure there is quite a bit more that you can do with it.  How much is it for the Mac?  (That's what I've got as well)